Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shift Light for auto

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
I much prefer the set up in my Berlina (triple window dash cluster) ;)

It displays whatever gear is selected ....:yeah:

VXIIwagdf.......Atleast your happy with your auto light:thumbsup:

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
wrx884 said:
seems like it lol........... even tho if ya stereo is up u can still feel the revs in the pedal well thats how i can tell mayb its diff 4 others????

thats spot on in my opinion, u can feel the revs through the pedal when u got it in a lower gear not to mention alot more responsive

VY2ENJOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Family Truckster
From the title I thought you ment a light that lets you know when your engine had reached a pre-determined RPM, that would be handy to know how to fit.

VXIIwagdf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Wagon dual fuel
Looked at the possibility of going to the three window with the selector display, but according to my resaerch and info from Bob on this forum it would cme to thousands of dollars changing the the BCM the gerabox, the wiring loom and the dash.

Someone said they check their gauge every 10 minutes??? Wow. Why do you think I did this - So I would be wasting fuel for even 5 - which is probably how often I check mine.

White Tiger

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VY Berlina, RB30 GQ Patrol
1256784422722.png

akust0m

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT II SS LS1
The only time I ever shift into 3rd (or sometimes 2nd) in an auto is when I'm going downhill and would rather prolong my brakes. Leaving it in drive will obviously let the car pick up speed a lot faster. Also there has been a couple of times where I've needed to slow down really quick, and I've used a combination of brakes and engine braking. I think there are uses for the gear selection in an auto, however I do not use them regularly around town etc..

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I wouldnt use gears in a auto to slow down either, too much strain on the box and motor. I'd rather change a set of pads and discs now and then, a lot cheaper than a reco auto.