Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

shock absorber for vn

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
hi, guys, need front and rear shock absorber for my vn, which brand? how much do they charge to put it in? the vn currently drive like a boat, need to be fixed soon. :wax:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
If you want cheap, KYB are cheap. If you want something better, Monroe GT shocks are a little stiffer than standard.

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
If you want cheap, KYB are cheap. If you want something better, Monroe GT shocks are a little stiffer than standard.

many thanks, what sort of money should I pay for the GT, and the labour? I am used to my vn and will keep it.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Look to pay up to $200 in labour to have them all installed. The shocks themselves could be around $120 for a pair.

mike49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, VX, VN Commodore's
i put GT monroe lowered shocks in the rear of my car and it was fairly easy!, its good to have a mate help you too.

GT monroes made a huge difference to the stock ones.. alot better.

kiwi ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
monroe have got a new shock out. called GT Sport Lowered. Designed to be compatible with most lowered spring rates. Worth the extra coin. Put em in mine a while back. Pretty easy to fit. Didnt even jack the car. have to use GT GAS for the front tho.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I used to have Monroe's in mine, then went to KYB's and I can safely say i'll never buy Monroe's again :) IMHO the KYB's are definitely the better shocker and they have a better price tag too. There are better shockers out there further up in the price range (like Koni etc.) but bang for your buck stick to KYB.

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
I used to have Monroe's in mine, then went to KYB's and I can safely say i'll never buy Monroe's again :) IMHO the KYB's are definitely the better shocker and they have a better price tag too. There are better shockers out there further up in the price range (like Koni etc.) but bang for your buck stick to KYB.

where can I buy it?:wax:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Burson Auto Parts stock stacks of KYB stuff. Monroe GT Gas are a stiffer shock, and worth the extra buck over the KYB stuff if you ask me.