Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shock Experience

Sheppbloke

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Any additional noises since installation? I had them fitted to my Subaru Liberty and the noise/harshness of the front coilovers especially gave me the shits. On the Subaru setup shockworks didn't use rubber on the upper mount so I could hear metal to metal contact.
No noises so far. The rubber upper shock mounts are used in the front and the rears seem no different to OE as far as noise goes.

Ride & handling was amazing though.

I would buy them again if they have addressed the noise/harshness.
No Harshness at all from the ride. Best way I can describe it is very Euro. Firm but compliant over small bumps like there way more rubber under the car than there actually is.

Do you have any pics you can upload ?
Will post some pics as soon as weather clears up. Car is pretty dirty from the rain here.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
@lmoengnr
"The package we have available for the VF chassis is what we supplied to HSV for the legendary GTSR W1. Supashock was the OEM suspension for the GTSR W1, it received rave reviews from critics on the handling ability and ride. You may have also seen the one of the four Maloo W1 utes up for auction currently, what you would received for your VF is the identical setup for these vehicles.

The W1 is a road-going car so the suspension had to be relatively street friendly however it uses a comparable tune to a street-circuit V8 Supercar set-up for performance driving.
Some features of the W1 suspension:
-The HSV W1 dampers offer high performance damping
-Use motorsport tuned springs
-Have a rebound spring built into the front struts for increased roll stiffness
-Linear-style damper pistons, delivering the lowest frictional losses of any commercial damper available
-Utilise billet aluminium damper bodies to maintain strength but save weight
-Australian designed, made, tested and assembled

If you’re after pure performance, without compromising daily ride and driveability - this is the best system you’ll find for the VF chassis.
Price on these Australian Made dampers is: AUD $6,950.00 + GST
Eta on delivery for these dampers could be a number of weeks from purchase date, as we build each set to order – just so you are aware.
Let me know if there’s any more questions I can answer, we’d love to see your VF rolling on a set of these dampers!"

"We offer a 2 year warranty on these dampers. It’s worth noting that these are fully re-buildable too, so they aren’t a throw-away product. Should you encounter an issue after the warranty period, you’ll likely be replacing parts – not the entire damper.

We certainly can offer fitment, it can be completed at Supashock in Holden Hill for $500.00 + GST."

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Someone's gonna barn-find a W1 in someone's shed in 50 year's time, it'll be this pile of rust & cracked plastic, with four pristine shiny billet aluminium damper bodies poking up into the air where the suspension-mounts used to be. :)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
@lmoengnr
"The package we have available for the VF chassis is what we supplied to HSV for the legendary GTSR W1. Supashock was the OEM suspension for the GTSR W1, it received rave reviews from critics on the handling ability and ride. You may have also seen the one of the four Maloo W1 utes up for auction currently, what you would received for your VF is the identical setup for these vehicles.

The W1 is a road-going car so the suspension had to be relatively street friendly however it uses a comparable tune to a street-circuit V8 Supercar set-up for performance driving.
Some features of the W1 suspension:
-The HSV W1 dampers offer high performance damping
-Use motorsport tuned springs
-Have a rebound spring built into the front struts for increased roll stiffness
-Linear-style damper pistons, delivering the lowest frictional losses of any commercial damper available
-Utilise billet aluminium damper bodies to maintain strength but save weight
-Australian designed, made, tested and assembled

If you’re after pure performance, without compromising daily ride and driveability - this is the best system you’ll find for the VF chassis.
Price on these Australian Made dampers is: AUD $6,950.00 + GST
Eta on delivery for these dampers could be a number of weeks from purchase date, as we build each set to order – just so you are aware.
Let me know if there’s any more questions I can answer, we’d love to see your VF rolling on a set of these dampers!"

"We offer a 2 year warranty on these dampers. It’s worth noting that these are fully re-buildable too, so they aren’t a throw-away product. Should you encounter an issue after the warranty period, you’ll likely be replacing parts – not the entire damper.

We certainly can offer fitment, it can be completed at Supashock in Holden Hill for $500.00 + GST."

So they finally answered your emails?
I thought they would charge about $10k, so they're a little bit cheaper.
Are you going to organize a group buy? :cool:

I'm still thinking about Shockworks latest model, with the damping adjuster on the bottom of the rear damper, more suited to a ute.
I have no idea how the Supashock is adjusted.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
So they are saying they are the same as the W1, didn't the W1 get the MRC treatment?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
So they are saying they are the same as the W1, didn't the W1 get the MRC treatment?

No, HSV wanted 'Bespoke Suspension' for the W1.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I seem to vaguely remember this.

HSV might have had plans for the W1 Maloo's from the start, no ute's have ever had MRC, not even the GTSR Maloo's.
The structure in the rear of the ute's makes it inaccessible to the top of the dampers, so no wiring.