Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shock options for lowered vk

shadow6ix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT LS1 Clubsport
Hey everyone, im at the stage of my project where I'm looking for new suspension. I will be running super low springs front and rear. I dont want the thing to ride back breaking harsh.

What's peoples experience with shocks that won't make it ride ****?

I understand it will be lowered but surely there's a shock option to help. Only a weekend cruiser and won't see the track.

waikato willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1984 VK calais
running bilsteins in both my vks, silver ones revalved to slower rebound and nolathane right through on super low king springs, rides mint 4 up with a boot full of tyres and a jack, no guard rub, no harsh bottom out, thats on 8.5"corvette rims running 225 50 16
my blue one runs stock bilsteins on lowered lovell springs , rides a bit softer but still really good and firm but not harsh

I can really easy take the silver one away on the weekends with the kids and the new baby with no complaints, also does a real good power slide in third with no terrible pendulum effect when correcting out
I dont run a swaybar in the back and noticed no difference in handling at all

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Ride will come down to tyre size/bushes & springs.

Pedders comfort gas are decent,most gas shocks have decent ride as long stay away from nolathane bushes,silly low profile tyres & king springs