Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shoo Roo's

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Well, i will go on personal experience here, my oldies had one installed on the front of one of their 4wd's, that 4wd become a wreck when a roo jumped in fropnt of it while travelling at 90 km/h.

Our local(now former local) copper had one on his 4wd, he went through 2 cars.

So for the price of them, i would say they don't work.

However, i have friends who live int he coutnry who swear by these $5 setups they have, will get more info for you :)

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
The Shu Roo units sell for approx. $420

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Well I guess I might as well shove the cheapy's on the car.. under the front spoiler I guess so ya cant see em lol.

In the end, they wont do any harm as far as I see it...But I dont really want to spend the cash on the units, thats pretty expensive...And i've had an accident cause of a roo before, did over $3 grand damage to the family's VS commy, but the insurance excess was only $350...So less than a shu roo unit

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
the cheap plastic ones have to be kept clean. the moment they get a bug or dirt in them they stop working. the electonic ones put off a ticking/clicking noise. neither is very effective over 120km/hr as by the time the roo hears it you are already on top of it. Troy711, the guy was probably going too fast and the roos were trying to get away from the noise but they didn't get away quick enough as he was speeding.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i have the cheapo plastic ones on the camry. they are only supposedly effective over 80 kmh.
the bigger square electronic ones emit clicks and/or higher frequency sounds.
i fail to see how anyone's ears can be offended by either.
ive never hit a roo and do 200k's a day through some pretty hardcore roo territory - see plenty of kill. better not have put a jinx on my luck.....

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
i hit a roo once... and i was 5 minutes from the center of canberra. they are shocking here. we definatley live up to our name of the 'bush capital'.

when i was at the canberra 400 V8 race i was in the pit paddock and one of the support cars had a shuroo mounted on their front bumper. as they drive through the pits you could hear it and you would look around and move out of their way. very smart idea :p. it was weird though, you didnt 'hear' the noise, you felt it clicking inside your head. it was terrible, i know why roos would hate it!

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
... i seem to have clicking in my head all the time, perhaps why i dont notice it..

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
vlv8vic said:
ive never hit a roo and do 200k's a day through some pretty hardcore roo territory - see plenty of kill. better not have put a jinx on my luck.....

what time of the day do you travel though?
I've hit 6 in one week driving trucks in the middle of the night.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
leave home about 6:30. not so bad at the moment but thats usually when the sun is just coming up. apparently worst roo time. come home about 12 hours later, again apparently a prick of a time for roos. we see heaps of them, they just seem to hand back and wait for other cars to be hit by...

630 a month ago was pitch black....