Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shoo Roo's

groucho

Reaction score
Roo shoo devices

You might as well stick an onion in your glove box. It's all about animal behaviour not wasting money.The odds are as great you will or won't hit something no matter what you install..... for this reason.:There is no way to set up a scientific test to prove these things in the "field".Like most science these lemons are based on prediction.If a roo or any other animal is spooked by something it will flee in a direction it chooses, these units may scare animals but in fact they may bolt out directly in front of you if that is their chosen direction to retreat.If you are aware of roo crossings/pathways on major highways slow down there and be aware and ready to avoid or brake.When someone guarantees in writing that there product will result in no roo contact or they'll fix your car free go for it, till then they are as reliable as pinpricked condoms. Good luck but save your money for something useful.Groucho:bang: :w00t:

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
and the whistlers have always helped. groucho, if my $3 plastic roo haters even save me hitting the brakes then i deem them to have helped. they may not have been proven and garenteed, but condoms arent either and millions of people still put 100% of their faith in them, generally with acceptable results...

groucho

Reaction score
Roo shoos

I think youv'e convinced me.From now on no unprotected sex.I'll be wearing roo shoos on the bed head and carry condoms in the glove box.I'll keep people posted on this scientific survey because as I said on my original post not too many have EVER proved these placebos work.Damn i think I see a roo in the bedroom.:yeah: Groucho

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i think you missed the point completely, or chose to skew it to be a smartarse. im watching you buddy.

groucho

Reaction score
True blu shoo roo

vlv8vic said:
i think you missed the point completely, or chose to skew it to be a smartarse. im watching you buddy.
Well that sounds almost threatening. Perhaps you also missed the point. Excuse my feable attempts at humour.( I believe analogies are permitted on this forum) After fitting whistles because we ALSO traverse kangaroo country constantly we had two direct hits and one through the passenger window.Since the one remaining whistle has filled with crap, not one impact. We still see the same amount if not more roos. So what would the conclusion be there > Just fit one and fill it with crap, go without or fit two> or as I say find the proof.Yes it's only a few bucks but its a false sense of security.Bottom line I don't believe they work and the initial post wanted input.I reckon any panel beater around Port Hedland WA( area with intermittent roo plagues) could probably issue a definitive appraisal of the efficacy of any of these devices. I would be interested if any panel beaters out there use roo- repellants. Now i'm off to hide Groucho

Last edited:

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
fair call. i just know that here, with our permanent roo problem they seem to work.
even if they scare the roo a bit, they are serving their $3 price tag. there isnt any other way so anything is something - even if it isnt scientifically proven.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
At the end of the day each to there own with these things but for $3 wot have ya got to loose ?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Clutchy said:
At the end of the day each to there own with these things but for $3 wot have ya got to loose ?
A bottle of coke.. Or 2 litres of petrol...

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
groucho said:
You might as well stick an onion in your glove box. It's all about animal behaviour not wasting money.The odds are as great you will or won't hit something no matter what you install..... for this reason.:There is no way to set up a scientific test to prove these things in the "field".Like most science these lemons are based on prediction.If a roo or any other animal is spooked by something it will flee in a direction it chooses, these units may scare animals but in fact they may bolt out directly in front of you if that is their chosen direction to retreat.If you are aware of roo crossings/pathways on major highways slow down there and be aware and ready to avoid or brake.When someone guarantees in writing that there product will result in no roo contact or they'll fix your car free go for it, till then they are as reliable as pinpricked condoms. Good luck but save your money for something useful.Groucho:bang: :w00t:

You are defininately onto something there... another fact is roo's can't hop or walk backwards...they can only hop forwards... So if skippy is patiently waiting to cross the road, and is looking both ways for traffic and all of a sudden gets spooked...they'll definately jump straight into a cars path.

I think painting dingo's on the sides of the car would be just as effective. :D