Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shoo Roo's

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
groucho said:
There is no way to set up a scientific test to prove these things in the "field".

actually i recall that Melbourne University tested the Shu Roo and concluded no evidence it works. i.e. don't waste your money.

groucho said:
When someone guarantees in writing that there product will result in no roo contact or they'll fix your car free go for it,

agree 100% with you. there are literally 100s of these "i'll fix your problem" bolt on devices. they claim to do all sorts of different things but they have one thing in common: none of them guarantee anything. there's a reason for that.

malscar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSv6
A couple of University studies were done. Here is a link to one.

http://www.bees.unsw.edu.au/school/researchstaff/ramp/shuroofinal.pdf#search="shu roo"

Like Troy I live in Canberra. Got 3 in the space of about 8 months. The cheap plastic things are good at scratching legs and nothing else. The electronic Shu Roos are more effective if you take them off the car and throw them at the roos. At least you may get some satisfaction.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Shu-roos (the electronic ones) have indeed been tested. They were taken to one of the large open zoos, and tested. The roos just stood around ,munching grass, with no effect.

As was said before...it's all about animal behavior, and the company is playing the odds. How many people have hit roos? Not many really. Have you ever hit one? Probably not, but you've seen heaps. "I'll buy a Shu-roo, just in case", and then you could drive happily for many more years and still not hit one...is it just your continuing luck or do you attribute it to the hundreds of bucks you blew on a black box for your bumper?

Whoops....I jus noticed the post about the university study...it was done at Werribee park...that's the one I was referring to...whoops...:whistling :yeah:

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
just be careful of either the cheap or expensive shoo roo if you travel with pets in your car .... apparently they can drive dogs nuts ...

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
Does it really matter where you mount these grou.... errr whistles ? ... with a small truck could they be mounted on top of the cab roof ? ... do they have to be mounted very horizontal or would it ok if they was pointing down or up a few degrees ? ...

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
I've never had them but always avoided them because of the old saying, "sho-roo, made by panelbeater's. For Panelbeater's" Classic!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Troy711 said:
at night a roo will be scared of the noise of a car and will jump to the first place it can see that there is no danger, which happens to be in your head light beam :(
to further back this claim up, i offer the evidence from my drive to work this morning...

i was working out of town and had to leave early. at about 5:30 this morning i was on the highway between canberra and yass when a stupid fuggin roo started jumping directly in front of my car as i was doing 110. i had to hit the brakes and swerve pretty much into the other lane (thankfully i was in an over taking lane and noone was around anway). i would have been only a few meters away from the stupid thing