Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

short? or somthing ealse. flat battery

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Again mate, its not a short. A short is a direct connection from power to ground. A short in a small AA battery would not be noticeable, but a battery that big would be noticed within seconds. A short would blow fuses, make wire incredibly hot and possibly cause the battery to explode.

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
ok then i dont know but ive tryed different batterys and every other thing

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
OK - last thing you haven't done is to connect an ampmeter or multimeter to the battery to discover just how much power is being drained from the battery when everything is switched off. You said initially there is a big spark when you dis/connect the neg terminal - you need to verify if this big spark is simply initially charging a capacitor or is a constant current drain. Only way is to connect one of the above instruments. If the drain is more than say 500 milliamps then you have something that is running all the time.

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
nah it wasnt a big spark its small i wont be able to try anything like that till the weekend coz my cars at my farm