Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shortened Shocks for touring springs

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Okay, so I took my car to mechanics to have a look over.. He mentioned how I should get shortened shocks to suit my springs.
What shocks should I go for? My springs are the touring springs by pedders ..
Also where would be the best place to purchase from? Theres not real local suspension dealerships around here..
Thanks

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
If the springs are heavy duty (heavier than std FE2) then give Monroe GT Sport a try (not GT gas).
The Sport are to be used with stiffer lowered springs and are designed to give these heavier springs a slightly softer ride.
The sport are a little too soft for stock or FE2 springs as they are purposely built to compliment heavier springs.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Im not too sure if the springs are heavy duty or not; I was looking at the Monroe GT sports a while ago..
Where would be a good place to order them from?

Cheers :)

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
all after market coils be it lowered standard or raised are heavyer duty than a standard coil. have you got irs or a solid axel rear end?

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Hmm KYB or Gt Monroe Sports.. hmm

all after market coils be it lowered standard or raised are heavyer duty than a standard coil. have you got irs or a solid axel rear end?

Ah thanks for that :) Solid.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Where abouts could I order them from? I live in a country town and closest city is Either Port Augusta or Adelaide

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Bursons if you have one there, or on here through Greg from GSL Rallysprot. You could always check the KYB website for distributers nearby. I got mine from Bursons, they were the cheapest.