Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

shot wheel bearing maybe?

king_rick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0L Berlina wagon
Hey I've noticed in my vt sedan some sounds coming from the front end.
Firstly a knocking coming from the front left when hitting bumps also a whining when reverse turning, and also when I go above 70kms there's a droning sound... all coming from front left.
The wheel shakes by hand in and out when parked and you can hear the knock so not an unbalanced wheel, I took the wheel off and nothing noticeable tie rod ends look good etc. Knocking might be link pin not sure bushes look good.
Judging by the droning at speed I'd guess wheel bearing so hubs need to be replaced just want to exhaust every option before I go down that avenue.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Go down that avenue.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
the wheel bearing and front hub are one unit . They come in ABS and non ABS ,just make sure you buy the correct one . They are pretty pricey .

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
aye true that... but on the flip side, because they are one unit, they are much easier to fit.... just bolts!

king_rick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0L Berlina wagon
Got the hubs for trade price at repco for $112 each, gave me 99-07 hubs, 97-99 hubs were $125 each trade price but they gave me same price for the inconvenience.
Also replacing rotors and pads while I'm there. Got both front rotors for $58 from car torque Adelaide city and bendix pads for $30.
Allen bolts came off real easy the left hub was fkd had about 3mm play in it, but the knocking is the tie rod end I'll be replacing that next weekend.

Last edited: