Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should Australia sign the 'Kyoto Treaty'?

• Absolutely - 100%

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Yes - 75%

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Not Sure - 50%

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No - 25%

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Absolutely Not - 0%

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
So many arguments FOR and AGAINST.
Just curious as to peoples opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
wtf is the "kyoto treaty"?

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
The thing that all these countries are signing (bar U.S., Aus, few others). It's got to do with the environment, preserving it, finding new alternative power sources, etc etc.. Not sure on the EXACT details, but pretty much, if aus signs it it would mean no more cole industry which would mean economic depression for the country... If also means that the country is doing our part to preserve/fix/maintain the environment i guess.

And not sure how its spelt kyoto/kyote whichever... It's something like that =/

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Its kyoto... and my vote goes for no. The negatives outweigh the positives imo and Australia is doing what it has to as a country in terms of both economy and environment...

Theres more reasons than I know of obviously not to sign it, and im sure if it was that important that the opposition would still be jumping up and down about it :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That's the weakest most gutless thing I've ever seen the government do, not signing that. My other more serious hobby is growing rare fruit trees and I hang out with people that spend all day every day logging temps. The climate is breaking much faster than most of you realise!, I think it's going to freeze rather that get hot in the longer term but that's just my opinion :)

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Kyoto Protocol,my vote is negative due to the magnitude of restrictions that will be established,the ozone layer is healing itself to a degree and is depleting at a much lesser rate than it was 10 years ago.In this day and age,my concern for the longer term is the safety of this country,not a group of greenies jumping up and down yelling ''Were all doomed,DOOMED I SAY!!''.

Last edited:

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
has pro's and con's... want to do what I can to be better for the environment, but cannot make such drastic change without buggering up more people... Jobs, economy, and major political upheaval...