Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Should i be running a rear resonator?

Hsv807

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but anyway here goes. I know sweet nothing about back pressure and all that on exhaust systems, I have a 97 vs series 2 clubby, stock with the factory hsv twin system and the rear resonator has been removed, sounds awesome but i was wondering if this could effect the performance in any way?? thanks.

shayno_vp5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5 Litre V8 - FOR SALE!!!
on my vp i had a single 2.5'' with just the 1 muffler, i wanted to get ride of the drone so i thought a resinator would help, no change in performance, slightly worse sound and actually made the drone worse, $80 odd ill never get back.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
i cant see it affecting the performance, i've had a vr and vs 5L one with ressie one without, both sounded good and went similar imo.

if you're (and maybe more importantly.. the cops!) happy with the note then i wouldn't worry about messing with it

Hsv807

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
yeah it sounds evil haha doesnt sound like a stock motor especially when i give it some, havent had a problem with the cops....yet....haha