Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should i buy a ve

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The VZ and VE poverty packs were relatively well optioned compared to the older models. You were lucky to get an ash tray in the old SL's or execs.

The VE Berlina has a few things over the Omega such as Climate control, 6 stacker CD, leather steering wheel, 3 window dash cluster with better trip computer, metallic paint on most, 17inch alloys, electric seat, power windows front and rear, few more interior lights silver stripe on the dash. ... then when you buying second hand you might find one with moer extras like tints, leather seats etc.
Go to a dealers used car area and sit in a calais then go sit in an omega, it will depress you, but the omega is still not too bad.

Then check the web site > unofficial holden commedore archive.

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
For what you can get them for now i say yes.
As mentioned with a decent check on service history you can pick up a very recent model with pretty low kms...
Ignore the ve haters.....lolol
Ive driven thousands of them through work and never a problem..

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
Not saying don't get a VE, go for it. As mentioned service history is important make sure they changed the timing chains or you'll be up for 2 grand.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Stay clear of VE's they are a joke stay with VY VZ range

Now that's funny!
Only a fool would pick a VY or VZ over a VE.... or maybe a diehard VY/VZ fanatic who cant see the forest from the trees.
The VE is a superior vehicle in every way, and anyone listening to your 'advice' of them being a joke needs to simply take a test drive and see for themselves. Especially the new drivetrain models.... there isnt a comparison- at all.

nousernameyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6
buy a hyundai excel, ud have enough money left over to put on a cool spoiler, some phat rims and install good sound system!

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
Now that's funny!
Only a fool would pick a VY or VZ over a VE.... or maybe a diehard VY/VZ fanatic who cant see the forest from the trees.
The VE is a superior vehicle in every way, and anyone listening to your 'advice' of them being a joke needs to simply take a test drive and see for themselves. Especially the new drivetrain models.... there isnt a comparison- at all.

for 12k id pick a vyss over a ve omega but thats just me

PGwantsinfo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I've owned holdens all my life and i would never buy another VE. In fact i am selling my VE and was thinkinking of going back to a VY - thats how much i hate the VE. Having just talked with holdens customer service about a number of issues with my VE i may however swear off holden for life if they treat people like they did me today.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
could get a go kart and R1 yammy then put the yammy motor in the go kart and there you have the fastest/scariest/craziest thing on 4 wheels