Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should i buy a ve

Will12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Hey guys i was looking at gettn a 2006 to 2007 ve omega and i was wondering if its a
GoOd car or if theres any better options in ur opionion? Koz there relativley cheap at 12 grand and that be like my max spend

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore
Hey mate, my girlfriend owns a 2008 Omega and im not the biggest fan.
For the most part, its a good run of the mill family car, and for what it is has a descent amount of grunt and power, descent sound system, relatively large interior, but if i had my choice (which i did when she asked if i wanted it) i would turn it down.
My personal reasons, are that like most people on these forums, i like to modify my cars, and with the Omega i found it very limited to modifications and upgrades, and the ones that i did find seem to not be as effective as they would be on earlier Commodores.
Simple things like air filters, Cool air intakes, extractors, exhausts ect. Plus the feeling of driving it bores the hell out of me, like im borrowing my mothers car, theres no "bad-ass commodore" feel or excitement as there is again in earlier versions of commodores.
At the end of the day as everything it comes down to personal preference, so don't let anyone tell you that its a 'bad' car and not to get it, as they are a great car, but for what i want out of a car, and from what i've heard most people on this forum want out of their cars, it just doesn't measure up. If i had a spare 12 grand, id be looking more towards the VX, VY, VZ commodore's.
I hope this helps mate and that whatever you decide to buy suits you perfectly.

mug1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman V8
Stay clear of VE's they are a joke stay with VY VZ range

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
mate the ve is a very good car solid safe reliable and quite efficent.

but it depends what you want from a car the ve is better than the vz but the you could get more vz for your money and they are more of a commodore of old in the way the fell and drive.

if you just want a nice comfortable safe car get the omega if you want something to play with get a vz Or if you are so inclinde BF XR6's are cheap as anything for the price of an omega you can get a XR easily.
so it comes down to what you want it to do for ya

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore
BF XR6's are cheap as anything for the price of an omega you can get a XR easily.
In the words of Ron Burgandy, "You've got a dirty whorish mouth".

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
not at all

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Look out for sludged motors, all too common with the VE V6 and 15k service intervals. Ask to see service history and if they dont have history be very suss as to why. Also common on the VZ with the same engine.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Don't buy an omega.
If your budget is tight, get a higher spec VY or VZ.
You'll never be happy with a pov-pack, and you could end up spending heaps on upgrades trying to make you happy.
It will have very poor resale.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
i bought an omega and im happy with it.. but as they say comes down to your personal preference.