Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should I buy these component speakers?

Pascawali

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina
I really want some speakers that hit good notes as I am aiming on doing, well, truly just an insane audio in my car.
So...any suggestions on anything I should buy in terms of component speakers/amps etc.
I already have a sub I just need good speakers and a proper monoblock for the sub.
Oh and....will these speakers do a good job? Ta. :D
HTML:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-FNX-2614-6-5-2-Way-Component-Set-/190364034180?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5294a484

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Well your going to have to spend more than a hundred dollars if you want 'insane' audio. Also $100 for a set of Rockford splits, sounds way suss to me.

Pascawali

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina
Yeah aracmody I thought so as well... it seems a bit suss.
and sorry let me change that, a sound system that sounds great and does the job :)
but say it was for real think it would be worth it?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If it was genuine there yeah I'd pay $103 for them.

Pascawali

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina
Yeah I will have a look at the feedback and see what they say...

Pascawali

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina
Feedback seems to be rather positive...it is from overseas as some people made me aware yet nothing says they arent real.
It is still suss though, not sure what to do...

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I highly doubt a company like Rockford would sell their products on eBay. I remember seeing in the dealer contract something along the lines of no products may be sold online. So yeah there most probably fakes. Or some one might not value their dealer privileges.

Edit: Yeah definitely fakes. There's no such speaker in Rockfords line up and the logo isn't the official Rockford logo.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah I looked at his feedback, but I personally would stay away. If you look there are a few feedback that have been revised. Also the fact that he can sell Hertz splits at a $150 and everything else for substantially less than stores, just adds up to suss to me.

Also I'm sure that most of the buyer who are buying speakers from eBay for $100 are first time audio buyers who probably wouldn't know a fake if it was staring at them.

Pascawali

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina
Yeah thats what Im concerned about. Thanks for that mate...cant make a final decision. Perhaps I am better off just paying the proper amount in a store hey!