Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should i get an exhaust?

Steven M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA S2 V6
Just after everyone's opinion,

At the moment, everything is stock, but in the next few weeks i am planning to get roller rockers, extractors and chip. Should i add an exhaust? I don't particularly want one because i like the quiteness of the car and I'm over the loud thing, my missus has a vt with one and it shits me when i drive it. Is there any real downside to not having one or any up side to having one.

Cheers,

Steve

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
Steven M said:
Just after everyone's opinion,

At the moment, everything is stock, but in the next few weeks i am planning to get roller rockers, extractors and chip. Should i add an exhaust? I don't particularly want one because i like the quiteness of the car and I'm over the loud thing, my missus has a vt with one and it shits me when i drive it. Is there any real downside to not having one or any up side to having one.

Cheers,

Steve
if you want a Quite one then Speak to Greg From sureflow , he has the Right exhuast for anycar :yeah:

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
And where would he be? Link me ? =P

I'm also wondering the same thing, are there any potential upsides to having an exhaust? I want better off the line acceleration.. it seems to lag quite a bit before gaining power?

plasmid2

Reaction score
Let us know how the roller rockers go. How much they cost and any performance difference etc... Thanks mate.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
If you planning to get extractors then yes i would get an exhaust....you dont have to get a loud one..just ask your mechanic or dealer. The upsides to having a bigger exhaust means more torque, more power...and in my case...more noise!!! :) :) The idea of an exhaust is to get the crap out of your engine as fast as possible. With extractors and a zaust working together...your car will gain more power. That to me is an upside!

hope that helped.

aZk.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
The first mods on any car should be extractors/exhaust and a good cai..
get it breathing right first before doing anything else.

LOWFLYR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Enhanced Auto cammed VXSS 5.7A4
imo the exhaust and intake should be your first mods. get it to breath right then proceed on to the next mods. :yeah:

Z

Z()LTAN

u can get a good 2.5" catback with fighflow muflers in them + a resonator that shal quiet it down and still give good power

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
And how much would somethign like that cost zoltan ?