Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

should i go with white on white?

WHITE? or BLACK

• BLACK

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • WHITE

Votes: 14 93.3%

• Total voters

digger747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
Hey i might be getting a set of white door handles in the pic below but cant decide if they will go with my car thats the thing pic of my car below to

Attachments

• 8588_1.JPG
    8588_1.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCF0021.JPG
    DSCF0021.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 127

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Definately go the white. It'll go a long way to making your car look cleaner. As long as they are the same white as your car of course - its hard to tell from the pics in different light but they look a little off

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
Yea go for it, just make sure they're exactly the same shade or it will look poo!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Colour coding the door handles is definitely a go but have you ever tried installing the door handles on a VR? Especially the front ones with the lock? It's a bitch.

I'd rather paint the existing handles on the doors than strip down and install new ones.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Colour coding the door handles is definitely a go but have you ever tried installing the door handles on a VR? Especially the front ones with the lock? It's a bitch.

I'd rather paint the existing handles on the doors than strip down and install new ones.

theyre not that hard, heaps easier than mine after i modified them, and could only go in one way.

unclip the flat spring and they pretty much fall apart.

go with white as long as its the same, as others have said, but id be getting some more rear surrounds, and pissing off the door locks, looks even better.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
theyre not that hard, heaps easier than mine after i modified them, and could only go in one way.

unclip the flat spring and they pretty much fall apart.

go with white as long as its the same, as others have said, but id be getting some more rear surrounds, and pissing off the door locks, looks even better.

Falling apart is easy - unfortunately, they don't fall together as easily. I had to dismantle one on my VR years ago and it was a mongrel to re-assemble.

I still reckon it would be much easier to mask, rub back and paint the existing handles, leaving them in the dooors.

How have others who have colour coded handles painted theirs - on or off the car?