Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

should i port my box?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah I knew you wouldn't, I just wanted to know 2Com's theory so I can point and laugh.

Quick question. Would inverted mounting only work in a ported box?

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
perhaps he had them wired out of phase when they were mounted normally, then when he inverted them the wiring didnt change and as a result they were in phase.... just a thought

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Maybe but he's telling people inverting makes twice as loud which we know isn't the case, but newbies might believe him.

2Com

$$$ talks Bullshit walks
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
the wiring was done straight from your subs straight to your monoblock

its common sence, with certain subs the bigger the box is the more bass you get, so when you invert the subs your boot acts as the box.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
No. The box acts like the box whether you mount it normal or inverted. Go do a little research on it and you'll see :)

2Com

$$$ talks Bullshit walks
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
ive done it to many sets of subs and many people do it too.. ud be suprised how many people out there have inverted subs lol. the only way to see the difference is to try it.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Christ.. people need to learn some proper science behind sound processing.. then they would realise that a 400 or 300litre boot does not act as a box.. especially considering the boot is vented in many places and not in the slightest bit sealed

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
ive done it to many sets of subs and many people do it too.. ud be suprised how many people out there have inverted subs lol. the only way to see the difference is to try it.
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I've inverted lots of subs and they are the same loudness either way. The only real reason to invert is for looks.