Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should I port my xbox incorporating sub box?

ShIbBy_industries

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive 96
Hey, ive been workin on this setup for a while now, trying to get it right and being distracted by little thigns like the HSC and all :ranting: anyway as u can see in the pictures it encorporates 2 pioneer 10 inch subs facing into the boot and an xbox facign through the fold down seat hole, i have 12volt computer fans on top of the box sucking out and pushing in air around the xbox, each sub is sealed in its own enclosure and the xbox is in its own compartment. i still need to attach side pieces to the box so it looks like a solid wall across the back ( the brackets are there i just got sick of having to unscrew the pieces every time i had to take the box out to change something.The power inverter is located under the drivers seat and there is a 3 foot blue neon wired into the boot light switch. Now that ive finished showing off my work so far i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to wether or not it would be advisable to put 2 ports underneath the xbox facing into the cab. would this work considering the subs are facing into the boot and would it achieve any added bass in the cabin? also any other suggestions are welcomed

Attachments

• Picture 140.jpg
    Picture 140.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 261
  • Picture 146.jpg
    Picture 146.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 265

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
huh? is that xbox inside your sub box? With a hole at the back?

dont port your box, ported boxes need (moreso than sealed) to be designed specifically with the ports matching the sze of the box etc

ShIbBy_industries

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive 96
huh? is that xbox inside your sub box? With a hole at the back?

dont port your box, ported boxes need (moreso than sealed) to be designed specifically with the ports matching the sze of the box etc
Yeah the xbox is built into another box inside the sub box

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
hmm, im not sure if that would affect your SQ, but i suppose it would only be marginal. You wont get better bass from porting that box, and you might ruin your subs.

if you want better bass, build a box thats better suited to the specs of your subs, as i think that that one isnt

ShIbBy_industries

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive 96
no the volume of the box is right for the specifics of the sub. the volume is decieving due to a very irregular shape

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
ok then, not much you can do then really unless maybe you want to make a port from the parcel shelf into the boot, dont think even this will make a big difference