Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should I sell or hold??

Chris Cox

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE sv6 Ute
Hi, need some advice.. Just wondering if I should sell or keep.. I own a 2010 VE Sv6, I know nothing about cars but I've had a few people tell me I should hold onto it because It will be worth more later on due to them not being made anymore.... I doubt this is the case.

Any insight or thoughts greatly appreciated, cheers.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I doubt this is the case.

Agree, forget the rubbish being said about them ‘going to be worth a lot of money’.

Yes, a good one ….. maybe in 25 years time, if there is affordable petrol, if they haven’t been legislated off the road, and if there are any buyers around in 2045. During the last two years, the motor vehicle industry has moved too fast for even industry ‘experts’ to predict, or agree on, what is going to be the next big thing.

Why are you thinking of selling it, and what are you going to replace it with, and how much extra are you going to shell out for a new toy.
Is it in good condition, or a crap box, are you bored with it, does it have looming mechanical disasters.
Too many variables to just say, ‘yeah, sell it’ or ‘yeah, keep it’.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
I wouldn’t think that you will be striking gold anytime in the next decade or so mate.
If you are looking to sell it, then I say just sell it and move on to the next.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

whats up

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Hi, need some advice.. Just wondering if I should sell or keep.. I own a 2010 VE Sv6, I know nothing about cars but I've had a few people tell me I should hold onto it because It will be worth more later on due to them not being made anymore.... I doubt this is the case.

Any insight or thoughts greatly appreciated, cheers.
:)

Last edited:

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Way too many sv6's around. Common models rarely become collectables. The engine isn't anything special either. I dont think an sv6 will ever go up in price, maybe slightly if it was the last year's model and very low k's. A 2010, not a chance

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Once we move away from fossil fuels in the next 30 years the car be worthless as tits on a bull, its a VE just like the vz a piece of crap, get rid of it before you get nothing.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Once we move away from fossil fuels in the next 30 years the car be worthless as tits on a bull, its a VE just like the vz a piece of crap, get rid of it before you get nothing.
C'mon,just slow down a bit,I'm totally agree with your comments first part,BUT;
VE's aren't piece of crap,actually they are bloody good!!(not fantastic,nothing is these days anyway)cars (with some faults)..
I rather drive mine,instead of driving a Steaming pile of fuel guzziler or Japanese coffins on wheels..

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
C'mon,just slow down a bit,I'm totally agree with your comments first part,BUT;
VE's aren't piece of crap,actually they are bloody good!!(not fantastic,nothing is these days anyway)cars (with some faults)..
I rather drive mine,instead of driving a Steaming pile of fuel guzziler or Japanese coffins on wheels..
Referring to the first VE, they did iron out a lot of issues but like the vz at first they were nothing but a headache.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Referring to the first VE, they did iron out a lot of issues but like the vz at first they were nothing but a headache.
Yes,you'r absolutely right,in fact,I did replace the chains and in the process of fixing the sagging roof liner:D