Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should it stay or should it go?

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
the lsd diff gears and manual conversion i could get done for you at real nice prices

once my mechanic gets his head back out of the sand so i can talk turkey

ANSWER YOUR FRIGGEN FONE" is going through my mind with him atm

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
go the ss. i had the choice between a v6 auto and v8 auto. i chose the v8 because thats all ive ever driven on the road. and ive never looked back.
i still drive v6's at work all the time but id still rather my v8

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
i'd go the SS route but you will find yourself doing more mods to it also like adjustable suspension, TB, exhaust, bushes on and on and on. if you have been bitten by the modifying bug it will never stop. the SS would definitly do with a brake upgrade and an LSD as well if not fitted with already. a V6 with a blower would be neat also.

Yeah, I probably will end up doing more to it than i'm thinking of at the moment, but i'd be happy with it for a bit in pretty standard form.

I think i'll hold off on the big mods for the Berlina and stick to easy bolt on stuff for the moment, and get saving!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Yeah, I probably will end up doing more to it than i'm thinking of at the moment, but i'd be happy with it for a bit in pretty standard form.

I think i'll hold off on the big mods for the Berlina and stick to easy bolt on stuff for the moment, and get saving!

if you dont plan on keeping the car for long, but want to enjoy the ride more, do mods that are easily removable or transferable.

dont worry about paint, body work, etc. just focus on things like your stereo, maybe some interior work, a few bnolt on engine mods, etc. some of this can be transfered to your next car, and some of it can be removed and sold seperately

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
if you dont plan on keeping the car for long, but want to enjoy the ride more, do mods that are easily removable or transferable.

dont worry about paint, body work, etc. just focus on things like your stereo, maybe some interior work, a few bnolt on engine mods, etc. some of this can be transfered to your next car, and some of it can be removed and sold seperately

I think that's what i'll do. After all, the paint and body are pretty good on the Berlina.

What do people think the chances are of finding a super clean Alpine white (or Atlas Grey at a push) VN SS with a sunroof and manual box?