Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shu-Roo systems

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
supposedly they do. i've heard from people that have them that they've never hit a roo. at the same time they don't work below about 80 - 100km/hr and from about 100 upwards they are no good anyway cos by the time the roo hears it you're already on top of him. so they work (supposedly) if you sit around 90 km/hr.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
ive heard one, not sure which brand, but i hated it. i was in the pit paddock at the noew defunct canberra 400 races and one of the crew cars was driving through. they used a shu-roo to let people know you were coming. you could feel it clicking inside your head, it was the worst feeling. so i can see how they would work..

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
it was the electronic one then. they have whistle types too. still i bet he wasn't doing 100+

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
what sort of vehicle? generally you mount it in the engine bay and put the speaker behind the grill or in the front air dam.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
ive got the little $6 squeelers. do lots of early roo-territory driving and never hit anything, have seen other cars wipe them out though.

having said that i bet i go out and clobber one. *touches wood*

B

bns-sticky

We have a small fleet of 22 and we tryied the electronic sho roos but they only stopped a few but now we use like the plastic $6 ones but we pay a little extra like $22 for metal versions and they work wonders. The metal ones are good cos not only double sided tape hold them you can put a screw through. When we hit the fleet with the high pressure clean the plastic ones tend to rip off but the metal ones stay put.

HINT: Make sure when you wash your car wash them out to otherwise they fill up with bugs and block them thus it doesnt work.

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
the whistlers only work if the animal is on the road. doesnt' stop them suiciding into the side of your car like one did 2 days after we got the family wagon.