Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shudder - Under medium to heavy acceleration

VYS2JP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Hey

I have a 2003 VY Series 2 Auto V6 Berlina 75,000kms ODO.

Under medium to heavy acceleration I'm getting this shudder (as if I've just engaged the ABS or traction control has kicked in) and the car is only firing on a few cylinders. Also happens anytime the engine is put under load such as going up an incline.

Also when idle, the engine will sometimes shudder for a second as if I've just turned the aircon on.

I've just had the car complete a major service a few weeks ago (incl new spark plugs) and I service the car every 10,000 kms.

I'm going to book the car in to have it checked next week and garage it in the meantime.

Any ideas though as to what it might be so I have an idea about what I'm talking about when I discuss with the mechanic? Anybody else had a similar issue before?

Thanks.

VYS2JP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Problem Fixed. Mods please delete.

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
Problem Fixed. Mods please delete.
a quick explanations would be nicer mate, could help others when they search.
sounds like it could be related to harmonic balancer?

paknponys

On the wood!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7L
yeah my mates got this problem with his 5spd VY exec. anyone know what the deal is?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
yeah my mates got this problem with his 5spd VY exec. anyone know what the deal is?

Get you mate to check the rubber join at the back of his box where the drive shaft bolts up to this will cause the car to shudder under heavy load

See the pic of mine, it took a very long time to find out where the problem was

Attachments

• join smaller.JPG
    join smaller.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,260

VYS2JP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Sorry guys. Problem was just a loose spark plug. Had the car serviced not long ago and plugs were changed. Looks as though they just didn't plug it back in correctly.

I should have checked before I posted, but I'm no mechanic so thought I'd ask you guys. I however opened the hood, checked most things that I knew and easily felt that one of the plugs was loose.

Cheers.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Bit of a thread dig.. yes I know!

But, Just thread was the answer to my mates VZ V6. It was struggling to accelerate over 2000rpm in any gear and really struggled on hills. You could here "fluttering" when it struggled with the windows down which lead us to believe it was the spark plugs!

Hope anyone else that has this issue comes across this thread!