Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

shuddering vs

plookyvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer
hello all,

i'm just wondering if anyone could shed some light on a problem i've just encountered...

after swerving a little to get past a car entering a driveway, i got a really bad shuddering sound/feeling from the back of the car- so bad that through the rear vision mirror everything got very blurry/distorted. i stopped, and then took off again, no problems. then, in turning into my driveway, it came on again.

any ideas as to what the problem might be?

i hope its nothing too serious- i have to get from wollongong back to penrith tonight.

cheers,

plooky

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Sounds like the panhard rod on the diff has badly worn rubbers - this rod stops sideways movement of the diff when cornering. Check by pushing the rear of the car side to side as hard as you can and watch to see if the body moves sideways in respect to the wheel.
It may be OK to drive but be very careful going round corners....so really it's up to you.
New panhard rubbers or a new rod are not expensive however if let go they can put a lot of strain on the rearend components. Hope it all pans out OK.
Good Luck.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hopefully you got there OK, are your rear wheel nuts tight?