Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shuddering

Discussion in 'VR - VS Holden Commodore (1993 - 1997)' started by Stretchomatic, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Stretchomatic

Stretchomatic New Member

Members Ride:
    86 VL Berlina M5
    Hey all, just asking what you all think of this. when i start my car i let it idle for a bit just to let the revs settle (they rise then drop...standard i guess). now i put it in reverse and it pretty much just rolls down our driveway then gets to the road which is sloped up a bit, so i accelerate a little and it shudders and doesn't want to go, i'm pretty sure if i gas it when going forward after that it shudders aswell (don't hark it when cold)...any ideas why the car does this...it doesnt happen when its already been for a drive and is a little warm. cheers Stretch.

2. SaGe

SaGe New Member

Members Ride:
    VS II S-PAK Manual
    sounds like my old mans falcon au, u put ur foot down but it doesnt go it shudders and then takes off after a second or two.

it would be something with the fuel system, is ur fuel pump really buzzy when u turn on ur car? if it is, it might time for a new one. otherwise change the fuel filter and run some injector clean into the tank and see if it helps.

3. kopper69

kopper69 New Member

Members Ride:
    VRII Acclaim
    Sounds like it could have something with the IAC valve. I would start by cleaning the throttle body and adjusting the IAC valve to the 28mm. Theres a step by step how to if you do a search. Good place to start, even if it isnt your problem.

4. Stretchomatic

Stretchomatic New Member

Members Ride:
    86 VL Berlina M5
    yeah i cleaned my TB and plenum the other day hoping it would help...it didnt do anything for the shuddering problem but the car goes alittle better now, when i got it we put a bottle of injector cleaner through (about a year ago) onoly had at least 95 octane premium since...i'm thinking the injectors may be stuffed, the oil and fuel filters were replaced when we got it aswell. might pull the throttle body off completely and really give it a clean as i doubt the holes going into the pipes got touched (i cleaned it through the plenum, so only front and back of around butterfly, no holes)...other wise it may be fuel pump or line problems...its wierd though cos the car flies when its going.

cheers anyway, will take a bigger look.