Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Side airbags in seat problem

cezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hey, i own a vx berlina and they have the side airbags in the seat. And my problem is that i bought vx ss interior to put in my berlina but the front seats of the ss dont have the side airbags in the seat. So I can't put them in because then the connection for the airbag is not connected to the seat and then it will prompt airbag fault and show the light on the dash. So is thier anyway way to to take this the side airbag sensor/cable off so it wont promt fault or is their a way to move the airbag into the ss seats?? I really need help thanks!!

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Firstly.... if your vehicle was produced with Side Airbags(SRS) then it's illegal to have them removed and/or bypassed.

Secondly... Can your SS seats accommodate SRS Airbags, yes they can. But you need to talk to a car upholsterer and I am not sure about this but might need to change the base/seat cradle I have heard.

Disclaimer: I am no mechanic so adivce given is just my opinion and you should seek professional advice... lol... :D

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
tech2 will write this out

it will just tell the car you have 2 airbags

cezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah i thought that taking them out would make the car not legal, but my dad said that it might be alright, and just out curiosity what happens if you have seat covers on and your in a crash?

Yeah i was thinking that, just need to go around and try to find someone that would do it or even do it myself if its not to hard?

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
there are special seat covers for cars with airbags. we have 3 of them.
if your car is made illegal by removing the airbags the insurance company may wipe you if you crash.
police can also defect you.
try to get the ss seat modified for the air bag

cezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Ahh ok then.
Yeah that was my biggest worry that "if" i had a crash and the insurance/healthcare wouldnt cover my car and possibly me becasue of taking the airbag seat out.
But yeah i will try get the airbags changed into the ss ones somehow. I just got to find some one around here to do it :p

vxrated

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx wagon
Hi did you get the seats converted? What was involved? Cheers

Brad123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Berlina Commodore
Did you end up solving this problem?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
6 years later he probably doesn't have the car anymore.....

But if you have side airbag seats - best to replace like with like, so you minimise your overall issues. Check any parts that you may be buying.