Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Side Door Protection

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Ronaldw said:
davey g_force why don't you put a bonnet protector on cause I think it breaks the front up a little and use the rubber grommets on the sides to adjust the height of your bonnet so there is not a lot of pressure on the grille, it makes closing easier.

Huh? :confused:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
try negating even a rooish carpark in a magna their turning circle makes me sick. my vs never had nay trouble around my old work but the magna *shudders*

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
If you have VE or newer, then you have a nice enough car to park in two parking spots and *f*ck* anyone who doesnt like it *nods*~ I would :D

At the moment i just keep looking til i find a park that doesnt have 2 cars parked right on the line and both sides people can get in without smashing my doors.
God people should tell their kids to be careful and not hit other peoples cars, I would go off at the parent if they hit mine.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Miss-E said:
If you have VE or newer, then you have a nice enough car to park in two parking spots and *f*ck* anyone who doesnt like it *nods*~ I would :D

You and I would understand that the car is nice enough, so it warrants parking in two spots.

...Problem is, most other people wouldn't, and the car would probably end up getting keyed or something for taking up two spots! :bang:

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
davey g-force said:
You and I would understand that the car is nice enough, so it warrants parking in two spots.

...Problem is, most other people wouldn't, and the car would probably end up getting keyed or something for taking up two spots! :bang:

Agreed, at the end of the day it's a Commodore.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
my rule of thumb to help stop getting dents in the doors is to never park next to a crappy old car always try to park near a near new car or never park next to a ford:yeah:

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
hahai always park against a wall, new car, clean luxury car (not dirty 'my husband bought me a mercedes' luxury car) another commodore that looks looked after or...a ricer...those rice car drivers are usally heaps meticulous and wont open a door on you...you just gotta pick them.

thats pretty much what i do. i avoid 4wd's, people movers, station wagons, and anything that looks unloved.

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
Yeah, you may park next to a well looked after car, but when you get back there is a bomb parked next to you, and you just shudder...

And other Commodores aren't guilt free either, the first time I parked my car in a car park ( no one near me for miles) I get back and this calais, (nicer car then mine) had just driven straight into my park. The calais was over the line and into my park and into my tow bar! But the funny bit is it had bent its licence plate in and, well, my tow bar really didn't feel it.:yeah:

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Good Point, people suck and are likely to key it even if its only in 1 parking spot. Jealousy is harsh!

raedd2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VE
door protection strips

Has anyone tried the clear 3M paint protection strips for door protection?
It's suppose to be almost invisible and protects your paint from stone chips, but why wouldn't it work for side door dings?
Anyone here see or have heard of these strips (can be pre-cut or DIY lengths & widths), I've seen them at Supercheap Auto.

Would like to try it on my new black Calais ve (with calais v 18" rims).