Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

side effects of driving with a dodgy abs module

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67, ln106 hilux, xr600r
driving home the other night and the dash looked like a chrissy tree, oil light, abs light,trac cont. light, airbag light, was saying i was in Reverse but in Drive dodgy temp gauge etc etc all the tell tale signs of a rooted abs module (thanx JC members!). i am about to jump on ebay and buy a reco'd 1 from there but my question is can i still drive it without any side effects(other than no abs and a very colourful dash) with out causing any further dramas as id imagine it will take until at least wednesday/thursday before its delivered and the mrs needs the car first thing monday and she cant drive the 4wd cos she is retarded and cant change gears.any light on the subject would be much appreciated.

Branch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
mate i would unplug it so your fan doesn't run full pelt and drain your battery, and only the 3 lights will be on, other than that the missus should be fine.

which one are you buying on ebay? i thought the ones on there required you to send in your dodgy one and then they send you a good one back?

have you tried going to a wrecker to get one?

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67, ln106 hilux, xr600r
yeah think ill skip on the ebay idea, u think its worth while trying a 2nd handy? i thought it was a real common problem?