Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SIDI 3.6 Headers

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
it's all written on the link or in my profile

Allistaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
f6
High Flow Cats and Headers

I may go the high flow cats possibly metal cat or venom , i knew about the O2 sensors but a few people have told me I may need a dyno tune regardless of whether I reuse the old cats or not. Unfortunelty i live in QLD and nobody has got tuning for the SIDI's yet , and i dont want to be driving around with the check engine light on until tuning becomes available. I may also get the headers ceramic coated to keep under bonnet temps at bay. I got the car dynod the other day made 150rwkw with maloo mufflers and cai . It was a 40c day and i was only running 91 octane and the cars only got 3000kms so hopefully with the headers and cats and some decent fuel and a retune ill get somewhere near 180rwkw. Also it looks like under drive pulleys kits are coming out now for the car so i might get my hands on a them .

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Yeah not sure about having to tune after the extractors as long as the sensors are rigged up properly you should not get warning lights. Wouldn't mind seeing that dyno sheet though.

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
U will get the light on with aftermarket cats because they dont work as good as the standard ones

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Better at doin there job..... Not like 90% of the dodgy hight flow cats that dont meet emmisions

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
U will get the light on with aftermarket cats because they dont work as good as the standard ones

The O2 sensors are located in front of the cats so I'm not sure how this would cause warning lights however you may well be correct.

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
There are O2 sensors after the cats aswell to tell the computer the emmisions after the cats.... This is why high flow cats cause the light....

T

tommySV6Ute

Eh? Got a source for this bit of info? I reckon its BS.

Do you own a 32 stroke?