Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

njames

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
I have been trying to find any information regarding an sidi conversion into a vz manual ute.
yes i have searched the fourms and all i can find is people saying just v8 swap its easier, v6 is a waste of time, ect, so if thats what your thinking please keep it too yourself. Im looking for any productive information, does anyone know if there is actually a difference in the manual box from a vz to sidi ve, does the sidi have a different bolt pattern/location on the engine for engine mounts? I understand i would have to use some combination of ve and vz loom,
Any productive information is greatly appreciated, thanks

Last edited:

njames

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
or if anyone could refer me to someone who might know abit more about this that would be a massive help

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Maybe a better question is why do you want SIDI more than anything else?

Highly doubt bolt pattern (as they used the same manual box) or mounts would have changed. Your biggest issues will be electronics and ECU as they aren't exactly swappable between the two. Without some change in ECU or tune there will be no point going to SIDI.

njames

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
hey mate Ive got a vz ute sitting in my yard with blown timing chains. The reason i was looking to go to the lfx or llt v6 is just because its a better engine then the ly7, Higher compression, bigger valves, ect and if the swap wasen't too difficult it seemed like the best way to get more power into a v6 vz as there is no aftermarket for alloytecs.
when you say the ecu isnt swappable between the two do you mean i cant use an alloytec ecu on a lfx? or i cant put a lfx ecu into a vz body and make it work? i was thinking something along the lines of using the full ve engine loom and ecu and using the existing vz bcm and body related wiring