Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SIDI induction Kit.

fieldo_ktm

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6
Hey guys want to put an induction kit on my ve sv6 sidi. Problem is what do i get, ss induction growler, VCM suit, walkinshaw performance one or is there anything better. I have heard the air hammer is good however as i believe they dont fit the sidi.

i also have a 2.5inch full stainless steel cat back on it.

any help would be appreciated.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I think you'll be very limited for choice. VCM don't do a V6 intake as far as I'm aware. The airhammer will fit with some modification (apparently) and the growler should bolt straight up.

I'd be inclined to wait until a tune is out for the Sidi so you get some tangible benefit from an updated intake.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
My understanding is that the car computer is able to automaticaly adjust to a 15% variation in intake/exhaust. I've found that the growler CAI has improved power delivery throughout the rev range and also sounds pretty good. Also because it comes with an air box that you will have no issues with legalities. See the Feb 2010 VE Ute entry @ Car Of The Month - Townsville Dyno and Tuning, Aitkenvale Auto and Dyno : turbo charging, super charging, engine tuning a 16rwkw gain is not to bad if you can believe it. This said...the growler unit is quite expensive and perhaps as TinSnips says it might be worth waiting till a tune is done and has been tested with various intakes. Alternatively you could invest your cash in some R&D on forced induction like, oh lets say, a supercharger maybe. :) More info here http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/141415-cold-air-induction-sidi-sv6.html

fieldo_ktm

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6
thanks jarp and tinsnips for your help. think i may go for the growler or i may start saving for some new wheels...

Adameksv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 2010
i recently fitted a growler in my sidi, very happy with it has increased throttle response by a mile and has also returned some quite good fuel consumption figures