Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SIDI or NOT?

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Hussy, i have the 3.6 sidi and have no big problems getting parts ... if you go to pretty much any exhaust shop you can get extractors etc for the sidi, the only problem is that with the extractors because the oxygen sensor has to be moved, it triggers the engine warning light... i know Castle Hill Exhaust can tune them to get rid of that light but they claim that they are the only one ... i sure havent found anyone else. i have a few different mods and i havent had any difficulty in getting parts for my car yet... good luck

Thanx for that but i dont think it matters as the car is an allyotec, sorta wish it WAS SIDI now but ohwell nothing i can do.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Easy if you can get 1000kms out of your tank then its SIDI

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I've gotten 900km's from one tank melb-adelaide, had to fill up though as I didn't want to run it on empty, trip computer said I still had another 180km's and was sitting on 6.3l /100km, average speed was like 90, on v power.

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
6.3? WHATTTT THHHHHEEEEEEEEEE ####KKKKKKKKKKKK. Minimum i ever got from my car was 9ish I hate the fuel consupution on mine. I use unleaded but after reading somthing tinsnips said on another thread, i put for the first time BPs PREMIUM and gota say, POWER wise theres big improvements and im getting more out of the tank.

My dads porsche cayeene turbo desiel, he purchased it EXACTLY a month ago wednesday. And he gets 1400Ks out of his tank. and fill up costs him about 135. he has done 52XXks already. Does alot of driving and he does give it to the car as he likes to test it. And his fuel consupution is Averaged at 7.7L .