Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sigh Exhaust

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
Yep, sorry another exhaust question/opinion thread...
Just bought another car, VS V8, it's in the shop atm getting a roadworthy. It currently has a 2.5 cat back no rear muffler...it sounds great to me, my mechanic says its illegally loud and also needs another muffle to be legal...having a quick read of the modifications guide on the vicroads site, theres nothing I can see under that it needs to have the same number of mufflers that it started with...and as far as I know 90Db is the limit, though im pretty sure my mechanic has no noise tester cept his ears lol

anyway the point of all this is he said itll cost $300 to fix the first muffler (has a hole in it) and add another muffler. OR install another 2.5 cat back for $300.
Asked him about installing a twin 2.25 instead as I really dont wanna to spend too much on it now as I eventually want to change it to a twin 2.25. He has referred my wife ( she is running around for while im at work :p) to an exhaust joint in tulla and has quoted her $1200 :O

That sounds horribly expensive to me, but I haven't really had the chance to ring around and get prices...

So yeah..any advice of what I should do etc would be awesome :D

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I can do a twin 2 1/4" for $780. If yours is factory tin cats it will bolt straight up.

Or I can do a single 2 1/2" with resonator on the rear for $290 for the IRS model.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Freight is $35.

And the other post should have read TWIN cats....