Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

signature change

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
you miss the purpose of my post. it had nothing to do with donating. i was simply stating that his original intention was to cut down on the massive lengths of peoples signatures, but then his later post contradicts this by saying that it is acceptable by some people. makes no sense.

no need to get so demanding on donations either. if i see a good reason to donate, i will. continuously encouraging me to do it, will make me want to donate less.

Umm by 'continuously encourage' one might assume I've suggested it more than once (in face continuosly means regularly and often). That wouldn't be true would it now Mr. Stock?

Anyway, you think it's a crap idea and a contradiction - but why would you care? Everyone else seems okay with it. Always a whinger in the pack.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
In terms of 'dicretion' - unfortuntely that is something many people lack. Like hell we have time to crawl through them all, fix them one-by-one then PM members only to have to re-explain it when they don't get it.....

I meant discretion on the part of the moderators (if member discretion could be relied on we wouldn't need you mods would we? :))

I realise it's yet-another-thankless-task for you to perform, but in my opinion at least oversized signatures hasn't been a huge issue around here - then again, perhaps you're just doing the job so well I don't notice.

Possibly if there were some clear examples of what is/isn't appropriate, and it was an infractable offense, people would take heed?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Umm by 'continuously encourage' one might assume I've suggested it more than once (in face continuosly means regularly and often). That wouldn't be true would it now Mr. Stock?

Anyway, you think it's a crap idea and a contradiction - but why would you care? Everyone else seems okay with it. Always a whinger in the pack.

what the hell makes me a whinger? for pointing out a legitimate flaw in this guys logic? as i said before, if donating members are allowed huge signatures, then the forum is going to look just as messy as it did before this idea came in. how does a member having a green name suddenly make a thread full of huge signatures look tidy? if you cant handle an argument, then back off instead of suddenly deciding people are whingers because you cant think of anything else to say.

how do you know if everyone else is ok with it? i see only 2 or 3 other members have posted since the point was brought up. that hardly amounts for everyone on the forum. im sure i would have a few people that would agree with me, but just havent seen this thread yet, or just cant be bothered posting and putting up with people like you

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
I meant discretion on the part of the moderators (if member discretion could be relied on we wouldn't need you mods would we? :))

I realise it's yet-another-thankless-task for you to perform, but in my opinion at least oversized signatures hasn't been a huge issue around here - then again, perhaps you're just doing the job so well I don't notice.

Possibly if there were some clear examples of what is/isn't appropriate, and it was an infractable offense, people would take heed?

Yeah time-wise it'd get tedious.

As an infractable offense - wish it were that easy. Because we have some people on here who insist on arguing the point then carrying on like turkeys sometimes its better to delete and move on. In this case they'd change it back. All harks back to members being able to take the infraction and accept that they are welcome here on the forum rules which are generally not questionable.
Likewise to statements made by admin - but you still get the odd goose who has to tell them it's a crap idea. Unfortunately thats why this forum is successful - admin make good, firm decisions.
Many have tried to copy - most have failed miserably due to trying to relax the rules for their mates. It never works.

Anyway, tis how it is - i get what you are saying though.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
what the hell makes me a whinger? for pointing out a legitimate flaw in this guys logic? as i said before, if donating members are allowed huge signatures, then the forum is going to look just as messy as it did before this idea came in. how does a member having a green name suddenly make a thread full of huge signatures look tidy? if you cant handle an argument, then back off instead of suddenly deciding people are whingers because you cant think of anything else to say.

You whinge a lot?! lol. I can handle an argument, and what i choose to say is up to me. Hell, if i said everything you wanted to hear it wouldn't be an argument anymore! More an agreement!

Donating members are a small proportion. Obviously if everyone donated and got big sigs we'd need to re-think it. Right now, that isn't really a flaw.
Are you more upset that they get a big sig, or that you don't? Something has caused this outrage lol.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
If you want a clear cut rule, why not have it so only donating members get signatures.
i could care less about what people have done to their car in most cases so to me, signatures are a waste of space anyway.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
You whinge a lot?! lol. I can handle an argument, and what i choose to say is up to me. Hell, if i said everything you wanted to hear it wouldn't be an argument anymore! More an agreement!

Donating members are a small proportion. Obviously if everyone donated and got big sigs we'd need to re-think it. Right now, that isn't really a flaw.
Are you more upset that they get a big sig, or that you don't? Something has caused this outrage lol.

i couldnt care less about the signatures. obviously i dont want a big sig taking up 30 lines, or there would be one there now. i saw something stupid posted, and a responded to it. as usual you feel the need to put your opinion in.
id say you whinge more than anyone on here. always the first to point out the tiniest of spelling and grammar mistakes

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i couldnt care less about the signatures. obviously i dont want a big sig taking up 30 lines, or there would be one there now. i saw something stupid posted, and a responded to it. as usual you feel the need to put your opinion in.
id say you whinge more than anyone on here. always the first to point out the tiniest of spelling and grammar mistakes

Mate if were to point out the tiny ones I'd be here all day everyday - and then I'd only get through yours anyway!!!

Likewise - I saw something stupid posted, and responded. :thumbsup:

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Yeah time-wise it'd get tedious.

As an infractable offense - wish it were that easy. Because we have some people on here who insist on arguing the point then carrying on like turkeys sometimes its better to delete and move on. In this case they'd change it back. All harks back to members being able to take the infraction and accept that they are welcome here on the forum rules which are generally not questionable.
Likewise to statements made by admin - but you still get the odd goose who has to tell them it's a crap idea. Unfortunately thats why this forum is successful - admin make good, firm decisions.
Many have tried to copy - most have failed miserably due to trying to relax the rules for their mates. It never works.

Anyway, tis how it is - i get what you are saying though.

Fair enough.

Perhaps Davway's idea is a good one, sigs only for donating members? Adds another selling point if nothing else :)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate if were to point out the tiny ones I'd be here all day everyday - and then I'd only get through yours anyway!!!

Likewise - I saw something stupid posted, and responded. :thumbsup:

wow you really are mature. why dont you go to a bloody mercedes forum already