Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

silent pocket

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
any body using a silent pocket key fob for the remote key
its very simple for car thieves to use a scanner - computer to open keyless entry
i did a search on it and i am a bit worried as its very easy to hack your key code.
any body else use a silent pocket, might even start using my old grook steering lock
would hate to have my redline pinched

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
If someone wants your car bad enough they'll just take it. Up on rollers and gone in two minutes. Get insurance and enjoy the piece of mind.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
If someone wants your car bad enough they'll just take it. Up on rollers and gone in two minutes. Get insurance and enjoy the piece of mind.

You're not wrong, when they strike they are very quick and if they are going to scan it they are also prepared for other action if required.

I had one taken years ago where they scanned the car as I locked it.

They then used the scan to opened it up and cut the rim of the steering wheel to release the club lock and they even ran a cable from the battery in the boot over the roof and down into the engine bay to bypass the kill switch.

I bet if I'd taken the rotor button out of the dizzy they would have had a replacement with them as well.

I heard it start up and by the time I cogged what was happening and ran for the door it was heading up the road.

It was a Torana with a remote alarm including central locking and gone in a flash.

Luckily I got it back.

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
You're not wrong, when they strike they are very quick and if they are going to scan it they are also prepared for other action if required.

I had one taken years ago where they scanned the car as I locked it.

They then used the scan to opened it up and cut the rim of the steering wheel to release the club lock and they even ran a cable from the battery in the boot over the roof and down into the engine bay to bypass the kill switch.

I bet if I'd taken the rotor button out of the dizzy they would have had a replacement with them as well.

I heard it start up and by the time I cogged what was happening and ran for the door it was heading up the road.

It was a Torana with a remote alarm including central locking and gone in a flash.

Luckily I got it back.

wow sounds like some one really wanted your torana, shame they part wrecked your car, i have heard horror stories of stolen cars being returned to owners. would break you heart
it just sounds so easy with a scan tool to pinch a keyless car.

i have insurance, it wont bring back a special order car that you can't factory re-order and buy new again . i guess pan heads right if some low life wants your car they will take it, i just wondered what other forms of security owners had for there cars.

SnowDoggyDogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
wow sounds like some one really wanted your torana, shame they part wrecked your car, i have heard horror stories of stolen cars being returned to owners. would break you heart
it just sounds so easy with a scan tool to pinch a keyless car.

i have insurance, it wont bring back a special order car that you can't factory re-order and buy new again . i guess pan heads right if some low life wants your car they will take it, i just wondered what other forms of security owners had for there cars.

Lock up garage with a front fence and two giant fcuk off dogs in between. If you are a little more paranoid then also get bollards you can install in the garage and join the local gun club and advertise that you have.

I've heard a story about a gangs in PNG recently that wait by apartments where people have fancy cars and need to swipe in. They hack your arm with a machete when you stick it out of the car and while you are dealing with that they throw you out of the car and drive off to pay day.

Sounds fcuked but desperate times call for desperate measures. Be thankful that we're not in a recession yet. My wife was followed home from a not so nearby petrol station when she filled up our wagon 6 months ago. She had the wherewithal to call me to come out of the house as she was going to get car jacked. Needless to say I rushed them with a claw hammer and they took off but came back a few nights later. My neighbour who is a copper knew about the incident and he was getting home from his shift and confronted them. They're not going to bother us anymore but I've since sold the car for a sleeper (Golf R) as the only thing that really is irreplaceable is my family's health and safety.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Bloody hell, that's terrible.
Sounds like the type of thing that's been happening in Melbourne with those Sudanese gangs driving around looking for cars. Scary stuff.

SnowDoggyDogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Yup.

I'm on the Gold Coast and crime here is widely under reported after the past government shut down a few police stations about 4 years ago (despite adding another 40k people since then)!
They don't want to have to cough up more money for services but if you go on some of the social media pages for stolen cars on the Gold Coast it is rife.

Car jacking has to be the worst as it comes at a point of violence but the real pros hit fast and silently when no one is around. The tow truckies around here are all in on it as a bunch are controlled by OMCs and have the means to shift the car or chop it into bits and gumtree it in a heartbeat.

Just keep your wits about you and don't make yourself an easy target. If someone is tailing you home don't go to your house. Drive around a bit then head to the nearest cop shop. Don't let them know where you keep your car at night time (off street parking) and make your yard secure. Movement lights and dogs and hin club stickers etc. Deterrents are the best way to have them move on to someone else who's an eadier target.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
The future looks bright. Less police presence and slaps on the wrist the for crims that do get caught. Bloody joke.

I've never understood why car theft is treated so lightly in Australia. The old 'it's only property' argument shits me. The yanks get it. They know the folks stealing cars are the same ones committing other crimes so they lock them up for years.
The pricks should also be made to pay back the insurance companies. Funny how a driver without insurance is responsible for the costs of repair if they hit another car but scum that steal and trash cars don't have to pay anything.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
get insurance - and try to lock it up at night in a garage if you can rather than leaving outside. remote key and push start is not making cars any harder to steal.