Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sill Panel - How is it attached??

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
With most of my uni classes wrapping up this week, and with money in my bank account... Its time to get my car fixed. First up is replacing the door and sill panel... So I want to go and buy a brand new one and weld it on myself... and I thought the sill panel was simply spot welded on...

But a crash repairer is telling me it is spot welded on AND it is moulded to the B pillar or something, and that I cannot simply cut through the spot welds to remove it and spot weld a new one on..

Is he right or is he just saying this so that I have to get it done professionally?

Any help would be awesome...

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
he's more or less right .. but you dont have to do it professionally if you dont want to ...

get your grinder with a fine cutting disc on it and hit your spot welds and simply cut it below the b-pillar join.

do the same with your new sill.. mig weld the newy on and grind the slag down and then smooth her off with a bit of bog.

not exactly professional .. but thats the idea isnt it?