Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

silly q..but wheres the trans computer located on my Calais Vt

Scott Shaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore calais vt 1997 sed auto
hi my calais still slugish but needs more trans fluid.tho where is trans computer .

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The VT uses a single "computer" to run both the engine and transmission commonly knows as the PCM or Powertrain Control Module and is located in the passenger side kick panel. I don't see the relevance between the PCM and trans fluid though?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Does the description below sound like your problem?

"What is "limp-home mode" ? This is a fault mode in which the transmission either loses electrical power or the PCM deactivates all of the electronics. The transmission will default to max line pressure. The driver will have Reverse and 3rd, with manual 2nd available by putting the gearshift in 2 or 1 (doesn't matter). 1st, 4th, and TCC lockup will not be available. It will not hurt the car to drive it like this for short periods, but use manual 2nd to get the car moving, and be aware that the trans will generate more heat than normal while operating in limp-home mode due to increased torque converter slippage during 2nd gear starts and no lockup in 3rd gear."