Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Silver V6 VR Project

Kurtp

VR Buicks > You ;)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 V6 Sedan
This is my new VR, looking to do a lot on it, already put heaps of work into it. This thing was horrid when i got it. Disgusting interior, completely dirty, obviously treated like ****. On the plus side it was a reco motor only 7 months ago, barely done anything since then. The car came with a stage 1.5 shifty.

Model: Series 2 1995 VR Commodore
Odo: 265* (reco engine 6 months ago)
Engine type: 3.8L Buick
Colour: Silver
Wheels: Zenik 18" WAS VU SS II 17"
Engine Mods: CAI
Transmission: Stage 1.5 Shifty
Exhaust: Central muffler removed, rear muffled changed
Body: Changed to clear indicators, debadged except for lion badge, added black strips rather than original, removed front and rear strips, painted mirrors and garnish.
Suspension: Low King springs
Interior: Cleaned and replaced broken bits, seat covers
Audio: NEW Sony Xlpod head unit (usually $280-$300 got it for $180 after new years), 2 10" 300W Subs, one 12" 300W Sub, Two Dedicated Amps, 6" front speakers, 6x9" in rear
Original cost: $3000, Spent so far approx $3,000

to come: Fix dints

Currently!
new_front_view_drive.jpg

tint_side_new.jpg

4.jpg

Was originally!
3.jpg

Last edited:

Reflector

Reaction score
Members Ride
Acclaim VS SII
Looks good mate :thumbsup:, nice and clean, keep us updated

Kurtp

VR Buicks > You ;)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 V6 Sedan
Ended up getting new wheels anyway!

Check it out, havn't had a chance to clean the car. First saturday i have off work and it's pouring rain. GRRR.

Next to lower it!

Last edited:

Kurtp

VR Buicks > You ;)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 V6 Sedan
Progress slowed down by alternator problems, pulled it off to find some great corrosion to the main power wire. Will change that over tomorow. Soon to lower it, probably about two weeks. :yeah:

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
lol about the guy who put speakers in centre consol. nice car mate, i got a few dings here and there, barly noticeble but need to have them fixed. looks like you got some mesh stuff in your grille at the front like i put in mine. should colour code your door handles rear garnish and mirrors, looks alot better, i was gonna take my strips off, took one off and i acctually prefered the look with them on, but id debadge the rear end if i was you. as well as getting some clear tail lights and side indicators. i need to lower mine but dont have the money atm lol, im lowereing mine asap

Kurtp

VR Buicks > You ;)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 V6 Sedan
Yeah i was thinking of taking off the side strips too, If i end up getting a body kit for it i will most likely take them off right away, up close they don't look good, the person has done a bodge job on painting them up. And yeah i will be replacing those orange indicators soon, i was staring at them yesterday trying to decide hah! i'll take a photo of the original central console and in cars interior now.

Kurtp

VR Buicks > You ;)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 V6 Sedan
Some pics of the cleaned interior.

and LOL @ what the last owner did, to top it off there was house tower speakers in the boot, with a 10" subwoofer in a xbox box (the cardboard box the xbox comes in)

Attachments

• int.jpg
    int.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 674
  • int2.jpg
    int2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 622
  • lol1.jpg
    lol1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 614
  • lol2.jpg
    lol2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 605

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
hey mate, what indicators are you putting on? if your just putting the clear vx ones they are a straight swap