Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Simmons fr1 22x9.5

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You can make adjustments to the base plate by shaving it to bring the rim and the centre spokes in closer to the brake caliper

Can't say if this is the case for Simmons (highly likely is), but many (mainly cheaper) wheel manufacturers do their wheel offset like this. It means they can punch out the same generic centre/casting with a massive negative offset for every wheel style they make and then just laithe it down to the customers requirement - it's why Performance Wheels usually has a range of offset they can do (as in an actual range of offset choice, not pre-determined steps). Super lame way to do it if you've got really wide wheels. Seems to be only Japanese brands that offer a choice of centre disk for their 3 piece wheels or actually make different castings for their other wheels with different widths and offsets.

OP, just look at other fitment/build threads, the wheels being a 22" or a 17" likely won't really make a difference because Simmons do their offset in this way (that and the design of the wheel is essentially flat).

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Can't say if this is the case for Simmons (highly likely is), but many (mainly cheaper) wheel manufacturers do their wheel offset like this. It means they can punch out the same generic centre/casting with a massive negative offset for every wheel style they make and then just laithe it down to the customers requirement
Today's Simmons Wheels being exactly like today's MG (ie. a known brand-name bought off the Dead Brands Market for applying to product made cheaply in China), I've got a set of FR17's for my old Volvo from "original" Simmons. I guess for a RWD Volvo they were probably made to order (pointless having stock sitting around for 10 years), but they were definitely lathed down to fit, and by the factory ... when I first got my set they fouled the brakes, and needed to be sent back to have some meat lathed off the hub mating surface.