Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Simmons wheels no more?

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Did i just miss something? I went onto Simmons Wheels website and it says that the owner retired and they have stopped manufacturing Simmons wheels.

If this is correct, i'd like to say goodbye to some of the best wheels ever manufactured. I was just going to get a quote on some rims but now...?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yes it's true but I think another company are going to be building some of the wheels

VT97CALAIS

VT-Best Holden shape!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 S1 VT Calais /A4
Yeah looks that way too man ,very sad that its the end of the era for Simmons Wheels.
:(

You can still access archived versions of the page:

www.archive.org
type in
www.simmonswheels.com.au

works for any other site u want an archived version of.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
mate put an order through for a set of dished FR19's and they promised him they'd have them done by the time they closed doors. didnt end up finishing them in time and he got his money back. and he had to fork out nearly the same amount for a set of 2nd hand ones (not dished).

Bazzdogs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S
sorry for the lateness, Yes Simmons has tanked it. Owner retired an old man. There will not be duplicate companies made to replicate simmons. The best and only way ive personally experienced is to pickup second handers and take them to the repairs. The are links to repair shops on the simmons website but they are running out of stock. I recently had 5x 3Piece customs restored. only four were repaired as one had a hairline crack in it and there wasnt another component to replace it. The centres were left as is and only the outer aluminium was polished. Came close to $1500 for 4 polished wheels. They are my fathers old racing wheels and are 20 years old. They are in my Profile pictures

brock group c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb group c +vh adp +vl calais +wl stato
simmons have been an icon shame to see them gone i have them on my vh adp

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Retro wheels have taken over, I think they are running out stock still, they may have been a nice wheel but no many people were buying them, if it was that profitable, I'm sure a family member or similar would have taken over, why wouldn't he sell the business, anyway, this is what buying all these cheap Chinese crap wheels does like GMax and a million other new brands, if there is no demand for the good stuff, then why supply it.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
You might have to look at buying some ROH modular wheels. They look very much like Simmons wheels.
Also try looking for Enkei wheels they used to make wheels similar to Simmons.