Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Simon's VC Commodore

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Simon's been working on the rust recently, cut more away and made up a replacement piece. Just needs to make it fit in properly and then weld it in :)

More cut away (in front of left rear wheel) Nice bald tyre you have there haha:p

New piece cut and bent

Roughly in place

Welded in (it's not finished yet...)

Rust in corner of driver passenger door, you can see how someone has bodged it up before (when we took the bump strips off, we noticed the bottom half had been resprayed...)

New corner welded in

Simon will finish the rest off during the week

Cheers :)

Last edited:

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Hi guys :)

Simon has been looking at some springs and whatnot for his car, he got a price from Pedders for 4 springs + 2 rear shocks for $537. Dad says it's too much, and from what I have read, most people on here also say Pedders is too expensive... do you's think this is a bit much?

Now with Kings, what do people generally recommend to be at the legal limit of 100mm? The couple of part numbers he got are KAHPR-22SL (front) and KAHRL-20HD (rear)... Does this sound right? And I'm guessing he'd need shocks as well...?

Any help with prices and/or part numbers and peoples past experiences with either would be great thanks :)

Cheers

Also he is running 17" rims with 235/45 tyres

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Pedders are over priced.....Personally, I think pedders springs and shocks give a harsher ride when compared to other brands.

I have fitted king springs a few times and found a variance of 10 MM in height, left to right a few times.

Never had any issues with lovells springs when I've fitted them

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Pedders are over priced.....Personally, I think pedders springs and shocks give a harsher ride when compared to other brands.
I have fitted king springs a few times and found a variance of 10 MM in height, left to right a few times.
Never had any issues with lovells springs when I've fitted them
Thanks mate :p
Lovells are similar to Kings aren't they? Are they any cheaper?

Cheers

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Lovells are cheaper and a more comfortable ride than kings.....(my personal opinion on ride quality)

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Well not much of an update,
Simon was messing around with the headlights today for some reason, he discovered on one side half of the little clips/bracket things are missing! haha no wonder the indicator moves heaps without the plastic covers on:p He has left the covers off the headlights and surprisingly it looks heaps better haha

We were driving it around at home, and decided to take a couple pictures when parked :) :p
dat camber doe :rofl:

Should sit that low all the time hahaha

Simon is gonna take the carby off during the week and going to start bog/sanding the newly fixed rust areas

Cheers guys

Last edited:

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Well Simon did a bit to his car today after school, first he took the drivers side headlight out...

These are the little clips that he needs a couple more of, there is only like 1 out of 4 haha

Then this happened :p
Air cleaner, carby and rocker cover off :)

He's going to paint the rocker cover and the air cleaner, (after some convincing from me haha) And he'll be putting a new gasket on as the old one is stuffed...
Rocker cover definitely needs a coat of paint... anyone know the paint code for the blue??

The air cleaner, does this actually come apart to get the filter out? Although it doesn't really need to come apart to paint it?

And the carby is going to be rebuilt....

He also discovered a leak:eek: We think it might be the brake booster... not sure what else it could be in that vicinity.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Brake boosters don't leak fluid....Brake master cylinders do