Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Simon's VC Commodore

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I bought an 1" bore master cylinder kit recently and the cost was $60 (or there abouts).....So if you are competant enough it's a cheap rebuild for the master cylinder.....If you don't feel confident enough to rebuild it, out source it

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
I bought an 1" bore master cylinder kit recently and the cost was $60 (or there abouts).....So if you are competant enough it's a cheap rebuild for the master cylinder.....If you don't feel confident enough to rebuild it, out source it
Thanks mate, my brother (and me) should be able to do that if needs be, still have to suss it out a bit more first though :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thanks mate, my brother (and me) should be able to do that if needs be, still have to suss it out a bit more first though :)

Good chance you'll find the rear seal has perished, which is causing the leak

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Yeah dad said the same thing, Simon and him are gonna check it out this weekend.
Cheers

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Well not much to update really, car is still sitting in shed collecting dust. Simon got the carby back, and the bloke said drop the tank, replace the fuel filter and pump, make sure there isn't too much crap in the bottom of the tank etc so that will happen in the near future... Dad said he will have to take it out anyway to fix the rust in the quarter, so he'll fix that at the same time.

This week Simon is on work experience with the local panel beater (also a family friend...) so he took his wheels in and is respraying them.
Sanded

Masked

Primed

He is going to paint them tomorrow, then wait till he has some springs etc then they will go back on the car.

Cheers

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Going back a bit, did the original radio in this work? If not do you want to sell it?

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Well it's been a while, took a little break from the forums haha

Not much has happened since last update, but I'll start from the top.

First of all, Simon finished the wheels (the day after he primed them) and refitted them to the car soon after.

Around the same time, the freshly rebuilt carby turned up, so that was refitted along with a new fuel and air filter as well. (Tank is going to be dropped to do rear quarter, so will be cleaned out at the same time...) All it needs now is a tune up and it'll be great. Simon decided against repainting the air cleaner and rocker cover as he preferred the "old" look...

Nothing happened for a while, but after Christmas, Simon bought himself some new Pioneer speakers as the old ones were stuffed.

And today dad took us to the wreckers to get some parts. We came home with a new right rear quarter (got some rust, but way less then current...) and some VL mirrors. Once we got home Simon and dad fitted the new mirrors, after redrilling some holes. They look 10x better than the original VC ones haha
Old quarter, fuel tank will be removed to do this job.

New quarter, some rust but pretty good shape

He's gonna buy some springs soon, so all the works will happen at the one time. He measured each corner height, and he and dad determined it can drop 2" and still be legal. I did a quick chop showing a rough 2" drop.
Before

After

Cheers guys

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Wheels look pretty neat mate, done a good job. Did you get a hold of Sandman about your radio?

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Cheers mate :) Yeah already did a while ago, the radio's already gone unfortunately...

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Looking a bit sad

Nothing to update on as he hasn't done anything to it haha.