Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Single DIN CarPlay/AA head units

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
whats the go now with CarPlay units for the Gen 2 era?

VP has not had a headunit in the time I have owned it (becauseracecar) and I would like a CarPlay/AA unit if its going back to street duties.

flip outs? are there single DIN no flip CarPlay models that are any good?

Last time I did a head unit replacement in VN-VS was the Sony XAV-AX5000. This was double DIN front/single DIN rear. I had to cut up the fascia to fit, but I would like something to fit without modding the fascia (or cutting into heather box etc)

Dan193

Reaction score
Members Ride
s2 vs ute
did you end up finding anything on this mate ?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The space is there. Really needs someone to do a 3D printed replacement facia that repositions the buttons and opens up the space for a double DIN headunit.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
did you end up finding anything on this mate ?

nah, I have been crazy busy with new role at work, work on the VP has been a little quiet

The space is there. Really needs someone to do a 3D printed replacement facia that repositions the buttons and opens up the space for a double DIN headunit.

they are around, but I haven't found one I like as yet. All tend to be pretty ugly. the proportions are wrong, and It throws off the balance for me.