Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Single Din to Double Din on VY

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Had the Pioneer DEH s5050Bt single din with Aeropro adapter & ISO and had steering wheel controls working great

Have now got a Pioneer AVH-A205BT double din having trouble with the steering wheel controls

firstly the option in the settings in "disabled" blurred and cant even see how to configure the setting

Secondly im using the same Aeropro adapter (step 1) as the single din this should be a worry yea???

Thirdly ive bought an ISO called APP8PIO8

Not getting any setting available to configure it

do i have to instead try a APP9PIO8???

The only differerece seems that it just comes with the patch lead

Ive already got the patch lead from the single din pioneer

I also tried to plug in the ISO step 2 without the step 1 and the setting is still disabled

Its a VY series 2 july 2004

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
I've have a Pioneer AVH-275BT in my VZ. To access the steering wheel controls function I have to press the HOME button (the one with the 4 squares in the middle on the left hand side of the unit) and select/touch the 'Music Off' symbol (red circle with the strike through the musical note). Then when I go into the settings menu I can access and adjust/set the functions of my steering wheel controls.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
So you have the right SWC adaptors, Is your handbrake on like the manual says to access the settings. Unless you just ground the wire to use your DVD player while driving instead of putting it to your handbrake. light green wire is the one.

Last edited:

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
try putting in the swc patch lead before putting in the power cable

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
So you have the right SWC adaptors, Is your handbrake on like the manual says to access the settings. Unless you just ground the wire to use your DVD player while driving instead of putting it to your handbrake. light green wire it the one.

yep youre spot on mate it was the light green wire needed to be earthed, or yes legally needs to be hooked onto the handbrake

i only had to earth it once, held it down with thumb on seat bolt, swc all working now, but gotta earth it properly to reset again

know a good earth spot under dash?

thanks to everyone who answered

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
yep youre spot on mate it was the light green wire needed to be earthed, or yes legally needs to be hooked onto the handbrake

i only had to earth it once, held it down with thumb on seat bolt, swc all working now, but gotta earth it properly to reset again

know a good earth spot under dash?

thanks to everyone who answered
Sweet, I wired mine straight to earth not like they going to check, but I don't use my DVD player I just got mine for the gps.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
noticing now when car starts, the centre console lights (that come on with headlights) take about 5 minutes to come on

is the double din draining me illumination voltage??

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
noticing now when car starts, the centre console lights (that come on with headlights) take about 5 minutes to come on

is the double din draining me illumination voltage??
It shouldn't, change the illumination wire to something else on your dash the lights up when the lights come on. Orange/white wire out of the head unit to one of your car positive side of instrumental lights, bypass the plug and play.

Last edited:

Chiggidy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Does the pioneer AVH-295BT unit fit well into a 6 stack hole? Do I have to make or buy a custom face plate to keep it in?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Does the pioneer AVH-295BT unit fit well into a 6 stack hole? Do I have to make or buy a custom face plate to keep it in?
I know the jvc one does.
here is your fitting instruction

Attachments

• Screenshot (52).png
    Screenshot (52).png
    294 KB · Views: 169