Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Site Outages Coming Up

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
Have old threads been deleted? Every time i go back to say a thread in 2013, shows error page not found.
The threads are still there but the way the new forum indexes them is different, meaning none of the old URLs will work any more.

Andrew

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
The threads are still there but the way the new forum indexes them is different, meaning none of the old URLs will work any more.

Andrew

Sure on that one?

There was issues but I thought it was all good now?

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
The URLs are formed differently, unfortunately I've just finished updating all my shortcuts to the new format so I no longer have an example of the old, but I'll see if I can find one from elsewhere...

Here is an example of the old format:
Code:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/lsx-development-modification/250144-holden-hsv-gen-iv-engine-number-prefixes.html
And this is the same page in the new format:
Code:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/holden-and-hsv-gen-iv-engine-number-prefixes.250144/
Although I note that the old URL is now redirecting to the correct page, whereas it wasn't 24 hours ago, so looks like a moot point now?

Andrew

P.S. I still have no way to turn off my (lengthy) signature on a per-post basis either (I usually don't display it on follow-up posts, just to save space on the page).

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Thanks guys keep them coming will look at these tonight and touch base.

As you could imagine from a admin / mod point of view this is different to us as well.

Lol yea and im not turning up as a blue mod or a donating member :p just a standard member but still have my vic mod access :p

Plus where do i find the sig pic function now :p or is that dead

not sure if anyone has said it but all the google links to the forums are now dead :p

Last edited:

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Lol yea and im not turning up as a blue mod or a donating member :p just a standard member but still have my vic mod access :p

Plus where do i find the sig pic function now :p or is that dead

not sure if anyone has said it but all the google links to the forums are now dead :p

I'll look at your colour shortly :) I suspect you might be special being in additional usergroups.

Old forums should redirect when sent from google.

Thanks Bigfella I'm with you completely now hopefully moot point although strange as the link I've tested have worked ok.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Older links now working mate, seems fine now.

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
Soooo, the old albums - they're gone now?

No ads here, but then I've used ad blockers for years. I forget how full of unwanted ads the Internet is because I never see them. lol

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Investigating issues where the site appears to be grinding to a halt at around the same time for 20 minutes, thought it was a scheduled job but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I should have a solution to the ads shortly.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I dare say this is a VERY VERY overdue update/grade. Well done to Darren for getting it done.

My pure honest feedback: overall i'm enjoying the update personally. I feel the GUI could have been a step even moreso forward in general layout/colour schemes and functionality. I'm certainly not hating the update by no means, I just feel the overall GUI is a few years outdated.

Having said this, well done to all those involved :)

When I opened the site, I thought I had gone to another website, i was thinking what the hell lol.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
No ads here, but then I've used ad blockers for years. I forget how full of unwanted ads the Internet is because I never see them. lol

did you quote the wrong person I was asking about albums not talking about ads.