Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Skimmed twice in two years.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
TRUCK!!! without the TR and replace it with "F" I have been skimmed twice on my Commonwealth Debit Card (my money) . The First one was done by a kiosk box outside Target Morayfield inside the Shopping Centre all because the Commonwealth Band inside the Centre had large queues (covid) so I used a Commonwealth Bank kiosk box (I was in a hurry) that had a Skimming device stuck on it but this one that I found out yesterday whilst checking my Commonwealth statement where I found 8 times pending on the day 08/02/2022 that they deducting around $360 in different amounts to that total.
Now I rang Commonwealth Bank and I explained to them that in the last 3 months I have only used your ATM once YES ONCE ONLY in 3 months and used my card to buy a birthday present for my wife at Spotlight and MSY Computers for my new computer Parts and that it. Yes Please look at the Statement and you will see I'm correct.
Commonwealth Fraud said to me the Have new Method of doing and they don't need you card anymore with telling me to much they uses random numbers and do this until they find a card that is active.
Well it sounds very similar to HACKING PAY TV ( illegal) but our Goverment should do this to see what the Chinese Satellite what they want to do with us.
Yes hacking Pay TV without marring the Pay tv card to the Hex number on the Satellite Box itself (makes it harder) and considering Commonwealth uses 16 numbers, 4 lots of 4 not HEX (equalivany to 8 bit Hex key) they system is Heavily Compromised. They wont admit it but I can tell you today with Powerful Computer with a outrage's GPU's like the RTX 3090 (RTX 4090 coming soon, March, April) you can do this on ONE Powerful computer but more computers you have more its easier it is. Maybe the Bit Coin mining rigs are be used today to do this and instead of doing calculation for making money they are calculating your number on you card.
Truck!! These banks should employ Pay TV piracy guy to tell them that a 8 bit encryption is not good enough today. Most of the Known Pirates in Australia are over 65 years old LOL and still kicking around, some have moved to overseas after the BOOK was releases (Murdoch Pirates which release names of known pirates)

Anyhow The Commonwealth Bank will refund my money in around 2 to 4 weeks.
Has anyone been struck by this Commonwealth Bank Fraud or it it just for the Commonwealth Bank and might not effect other banks (tougher Encryption)

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
TRUCK!!! without the TR and replace it with "F" I have been skimmed twice on my Commonwealth Debit Card (my money) . The First one was done by a kiosk box outside Target Morayfield inside the Shopping Centre all because the Commonwealth Band inside the Centre had large queues (covid) so I used a Commonwealth Bank kiosk box (I was in a hurry) that had a Skimming device stuck on it but this one that I found out yesterday whilst checking my Commonwealth statement where I found 8 times pending on the day 08/02/2022 that they deducting around $360 in different amounts to that total.
Now I rang Commonwealth Bank and I explained to them that in the last 3 months I have only used your ATM once YES ONCE ONLY in 3 months and used my card to buy a birthday present for my wife at Spotlight and MSY Computers for my new computer Parts and that it. Yes Please look at the Statement and you will see I'm correct.
Commonwealth Fraud said to me the Have new Method of doing and they don't need you card anymore with telling me to much they uses random numbers and do this until they find a card that is active.
Well it sounds very similar to HACKING PAY TV ( illegal) but our Goverment should do this to see what the Chinese Satellite what they want to do with us.
Yes hacking Pay TV without marring the Pay tv card to the Hex number on the Satellite Box itself (makes it harder) and considering Commonwealth uses 16 numbers, 4 lots of 4 not HEX (equalivany to 8 bit Hex key) they system is Heavily Compromised. They wont admit it but I can tell you today with Powerful Computer with a outrage's GPU's like the RTX 3090 (RTX 4090 coming soon, March, April) you can do this on ONE Powerful computer but more computers you have more its easier it is. Maybe the Bit Coin mining rigs are be used today to do this and instead of doing calculation for making money they are calculating your number on you card.
Truck!! These banks should employ Pay TV piracy guy to tell them that a 8 bit encryption is not good enough today. Most of the Known Pirates in Australia are over 65 years old LOL and still kicking around, some have moved to overseas after the BOOK was releases (Murdoch Pirates which release names of known pirates)

Anyhow The Commonwealth Bank will refund my money in around 2 to 4 weeks.
Has anyone been struck by this Commonwealth Bank Fraud or it it just for the Commonwealth Bank and might not effect other banks (tougher Encryption)
No. But the phone scammers must be quite aware of it! I had a scammer call me last week saying that they were from Commonwealth bank and someone has been trying to take money from my bank account. As soon as I said I don’t have a commonwealth bank account they hung up!

You‘ve got to be very careful these days to make sure you don’t get scammed/skimmed. I don’t use ATMs at all anymore mostly for this reason (eftpos machines in legit businesses are a lot harder to skim) and I don’t use my cards online. If they don’t have PayPal they aren’t getting my money or my credit card number.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Paypal is a bloody rip off too though, have a look at their conversion rates.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
No. But the phone scammers must be quite aware of it! I had a scammer call me last week saying that they were from Commonwealth bank and someone has been trying to take money from my bank account. As soon as I said I don’t have a commonwealth bank account they hung up!

You‘ve got to be very careful these days to make sure you don’t get scammed/skimmed. I don’t use ATMs at all anymore mostly for this reason (eftpos machines in legit businesses are a lot harder to skim) and I don’t use my cards online. If they don’t have PayPal they aren’t getting my money or my credit card number.

not getting caught by phone scammers is easy, did they call you? How can they prove who they are? Hang up and ring whoever they claim to be back and see if it's legit.

That's right assume EVERY CALL is a scammer.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
For me I don't give my card details over the phone, I don't trust anyone when It come to money, I rarely go to a ATM and if I do I used the ATM from the same Bank itself and they test them for dodge fittings, skimming devices in the morning and mid day. I hate this scum because all they do is cause issue with people

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
i use my phone for all transactions now, can't remember the last time i used my physical card (no i'm not jumping on a fad, been doing it for YEARS) and 99% of the time use credit because Visa, etc have fraud protection built in.

I avoid cash like the plague. I don't even give cash to others just transfer funds on phone too.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
One of my UK debit cards got used by another party.

The really odd thing is, it was never used, not even online. It was sat in my drawer for 2 years having been posted here by a (trusted!) family member.

The wife works in payment banking and she had no idea what happened...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i use my phone for all transactions now, can't remember the last time i used my physical card (no i'm not jumping on a fad, been doing it for YEARS) and 99% of the time use credit because Visa, etc have fraud protection built in.

I avoid cash like the plague. I don't even give cash to others just transfer funds on phone too.

Big brother loves you.