Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Skimmed twice in two years.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Paypal is a bloody rip off too though, have a look at their conversion rates.
I dont buy from overseas so that part doesn’t really affect me. I’m not that enamoured with PayPal but it’s better that only they have my card details and I’m not putting it into 50 different websites.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
not getting caught by phone scammers is easy, did they call you? How can they prove who they are? Hang up and ring whoever they claim to be back and see if it's legit.

That's right assume EVERY CALL is a scammer.
You pretty much have to treat every call as sus these days. I get at least two or three calls a day from scammers, telemarketers etc.

I have a business mobile so it’s a problem because for the most part I have to answer them unless they are from Iran, Russia etc.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I used to get the odd scam call on the mobile. I put a block on certain numbers/country codes and the problem went away. Our landline is an unlisted number so I always wonder how the scammers get it, they must literally just run through the phone number sequences. We get very few calls though, mostly just the mother inlaw ....

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Some years ago when we came back from a Queensland holiday I was checking our bank statement and noticed an odd transaction on our visa . After a call to the commonwealth bank to cancel the card turns out someone used out visa account to pay their rent in Sydney. Took a few weeks but got a full refund .
As for the phone scammers I use my best Scottish accent which changes to Indian halfway through the conversation then to cockney and they have no idea what I am saying.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
You pretty much have to treat every call as sus these days. I get at least two or three calls a day from scammers, telemarketers etc.

I just don't answer my land line at all now. If it is important, like the lottery office .............. well, what I don't know won't hurt me.
And .......... I am still waiting on a package that has been despatched, redirected, available for pick-up, returned and delivered. Every day, the same sort of message from a different number to my mobile for the last month.

As for bank cards, I use a Visa debit card with only enough balance in it to buy whatever on line, so it gets hacked, they could get $2..

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
TRUCK!!! without the TR and replace it with "F" I have been skimmed twice on my Commonwealth Debit Card (my money) . The First one was done by a kiosk box outside Target Morayfield inside the Shopping Centre all because the Commonwealth Band inside the Centre had large queues (covid) so I used a Commonwealth Bank kiosk box (I was in a hurry) that had a Skimming device stuck on it but this one that I found out yesterday whilst checking my Commonwealth statement where I found 8 times pending on the day 08/02/2022 that they deducting around $360 in different amounts to that total.
Now I rang Commonwealth Bank and I explained to them that in the last 3 months I have only used your ATM once YES ONCE ONLY in 3 months and used my card to buy a birthday present for my wife at Spotlight and MSY Computers for my new computer Parts and that it. Yes Please look at the Statement and you will see I'm correct.
Commonwealth Fraud said to me the Have new Method of doing and they don't need you card anymore with telling me to much they uses random numbers and do this until they find a card that is active.
Well it sounds very similar to HACKING PAY TV ( illegal) but our Goverment should do this to see what the Chinese Satellite what they want to do with us.
Yes hacking Pay TV without marring the Pay tv card to the Hex number on the Satellite Box itself (makes it harder) and considering Commonwealth uses 16 numbers, 4 lots of 4 not HEX (equalivany to 8 bit Hex key) they system is Heavily Compromised. They wont admit it but I can tell you today with Powerful Computer with a outrage's GPU's like the RTX 3090 (RTX 4090 coming soon, March, April) you can do this on ONE Powerful computer but more computers you have more its easier it is. Maybe the Bit Coin mining rigs are be used today to do this and instead of doing calculation for making money they are calculating your number on you card.
Truck!! These banks should employ Pay TV piracy guy to tell them that a 8 bit encryption is not good enough today. Most of the Known Pirates in Australia are over 65 years old LOL and still kicking around, some have moved to overseas after the BOOK was releases (Murdoch Pirates which release names of known pirates)

Anyhow The Commonwealth Bank will refund my money in around 2 to 4 weeks.
Has anyone been struck by this Commonwealth Bank Fraud or it it just for the Commonwealth Bank and might not effect other banks (tougher Encryption)
Sorry for your inconvenience. Just on another note, can you tell me what you bought your wife for her birthday at Spotlight? I can’t imagine my missus being happy with a couple of metres of crepe de chine, new nets for the kitchen window, or even a gift voucher for the haberdashery department on her birthday.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Sorry for your inconvenience. Just on another note, can you tell me what you bought your wife for her birthday at Spotlight? I can’t imagine my missus being happy with a couple of metres of crepe de chine, new nets for the kitchen window, or even a gift voucher for the haberdashery department on her birthday.
We stopped shopping there or rather the wife did when they took advantage of John Howard allowing them to cut wages.

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
We stopped shopping there or rather the wife did when they took advantage of John Howard allowing them to cut wages.
Not surprising, the owner has/had the second largest private art collection in Australia, re-keyed his entire home/gallery while sitting right next to a Nolan landscape.

(BTW, he's Jewish)

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Not surprising, the owner has/had the second largest private art collection in Australia, re-keyed his entire home/gallery while sitting right next to a Nolan landscape.

(BTW, he's Jewish)
My wife actually worked there from when they moved from Bentleigh to Morabbin. She worked as the manager on the fabrics department for about six years. She left because the store manager who took over from the previous manager who was a man and was a great manager, was awful and had no understanding of how all the different departments worked, had no people skills and was only interested in cutting people’s hours down regardless of their experience just so she could employ younger staff because they were cheaper.
It wasn’t long after this new manager started that my wife uncovered some rorts and dishonest practices going on and actually discovered two young female staff were stealing hundreds of dollars worth of goods (who knows maybe lots more) she immediately informed their head security guy directly as they had been instructed, because the manager was off work this particular day.
Consequently the girls were given their marching orders and got off lightly as the company didn’t prosecute, very lucky really because one of them was actually training to be a lawyer would you believe.
The upshot was the manager was not happy with my wife reporting them directly to security, saying my wife should have called her first. My wife knew why she didn’t want it to go through the proper process, because the manager knew these two young girls and was apparently friends with their parents.
It begged the question at the time when my wife caught these two about to load two trolleys full of goods into the boot of a car around the back at the loading bay, “who was driving the car, another friend or relative?”
Apparently when marched from the store, the language out of the trainee lawyer was choice as she called the head of security all the ‘f’ and ‘c’s going! So there’s that.
Needless to say, as my wife watched how the quality and knowledge of staff deteriorated and how Spotlight stores became more like 2$ shops, she moved on.