Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sladey121's Lancer.

Sladey121

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer
Hey guys. Just posting a quick thread up about my 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer.

In early 2011, I picked up this clean CH ES from a car dealership in Sydney. It had 70,000kms on it and was in great condition.

front.jpg

Within about 2-3 weeks of having it, I decided that I wanted it to sound different, as the stock exhaust was just way to quiet. So I went to a mates mechanic shop and got him to hook me up with a 2 1/8 inch catback system with a resonator delete. It set me back $345 which at the time sounded like a good deal. I got the car back a few days later and I was happy with how it sounded. It has a nice note with a tiny bit of drone. Of late I have discovered that the system is very dodgy and is leaking. So that will need to be fixed in the near future.

Next I wanted to change the appearance of the car. So me and dad travelled down to Tempe Tyres and St George Tyres in Sydney. We found to sets of wheels that I liked. So we sat them up against the car to get an idea of what it looks like. We ended up choosing a set of 17 inch Apec Racing Inspired wheels. They are gunmetal grey in colour with a polished lip. They look quite nice on the car (in my eyes).

P1070327.jpg

At this stage I was happy with how it looked and sounded. But after looking on Ebay, I found a pair of cheap black rear lights. So I disconnected the old ones and put in the new ones. The rear end at its current stage.

2FF84431-46BF-4480-863F-DD3FA33F6C12-6005-000005F3657092FE.jpg

Then I wanted a stereo, so I went to JBHIFI and got a full system. It sounds nice and clear just not enough bass for my liking.

Then after the km's started racking up, I noticed my car starting to form a lean. So I took the car to my dad's mechanic friend and he found the struts to be rooted and same with the tie rod ends. So it got KYB gas struts, King spring lows and new tie rod ends. End product is it handles alot better and rides alot firmer. Here is what it looks like, even though it still sits high in the rear.

42B821EF-A870-4049-B46B-FC69F206C42F-320-00000059E27114C0.jpg

At the moment this is how I want it, but in the near future I would like to fit a big sub and amp and maybe finish off the exhaust. So yeah any criticism welcome. Cheers.

Last edited:

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
Use an image hosting site, like photobucket.com
Should be straight forward on how to upload photos

Sladey121

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer
So haven't been on here in a fair while. Haven't had much done to the car apart from replacing the tyres with Kumho Ku31's as I had a blowout with my old tyres. The new tyres are 215/45r17 and have sooo much more grip.

Of recent I have taken my car down the strip just to see what it would do. Here is the timeslip for my best run.

7E60DB3A-C6A3-4C4A-8962-ED5B0443A8C0-6417-00000488505C0A33.jpg

Was happy with how the car went in its stock form.

Not much else has been done apart from regular servicing, and taking a few photos such as these:

IMG_6824.jpg

IMG_6805.jpg

IMG_6825.jpg

Will keep you all updated as I'm beginning to plan a few things for this car :)