Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nickosute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Ute
Hey all,

I’ve seized up my sv6 alloytec gearbox and got a new one from the wreckers. I recently got a new solid flywheel, heavy duty clutch, pressure plate and thrust bearing that came with the excedy kit that i used on my old gearbox, the reason why it seized was a transmission oil leak and driving without oil... I’ve gotten to the stage where I need to bleed the clutch and everything’s going good from that point and the brake fluid is bleeding like normal and when all air is out I press on the clutch and feels very hard at the top and I continue to push down then I hear a pop and where the slave cylinder is located the line has bursted off and leaking everywhere, I’ve changed slave cylinders and the metal clips that hold it in place and same thing happens. Just would like some rough ideas on what could be the problem so when I take the transmission off I can know what to be looking for.

Cheers

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Well, it's possible the new flywheel and clutch plate setup is thinner than OEM and the slave cylinder is over extending or popping out trying to "reach" the clutch pressure plate fingers. Just a guess. Sounds like the kit is missing a mounting shim for behind the slave cylinder TBH.

Nickosute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Ute
Well, it's possible the new flywheel and clutch plate setup is thinner than OEM and the slave cylinder is over extending or popping out trying to "reach" the clutch pressure plate fingers. Just a guess. Sounds like the kit is missing a mounting shim for behind the slave cylinder TBH.
The new flywheel and clutch setup worked fine in the old gearbox for over 2000kms I’ll take it off tonight and have look and take the clutch off and the thrust bearing to have a look at it