Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sle C pillar light install

VCLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Brock replica
hey all, first post here!

I've got a base model vc and Ive got the c pillar lights and dome from an sle to go in. The dome isn't a problem but mounting the c pillar lights is. I was wondering if anyone has done it or has pictures of factory brackets? I have searched but haven't found anything here yet. Any help is appreciated!

VCLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Brock replica
You sir are an absolute legend! It never occurred to look for 'reading lights'. Thanks!

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Many years ago I bought a VH SL/X where the owner had not only fitted rear SL/E reading lights but also foot well lights in both kick panels in the front. They looked and worked great and also looked 'factory' as they used the small glove box light assemblies to achieve the factory look. It really gave the car a more Euro appearance and did not look out of place at all in fact most people thought the car came with them from factory. I would recommend if you are looking at modifying / adding lights to the inside of your VC.

VCLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Brock replica
sounds like an idea! The euro stuff is quite appealing to me, I'd liked to have seen how it looked. I'm still trying to find a picture of the brackets for the reading lights, I can make my own and I have an idea how they must look but a guide and the exact location would be sweet.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
I haven't had that SL/X for 25 years and I'm sorry to say that I do not have any photos. From memory the lenses were fastened horizontally mid way up the kick panel but I would place them wherever you think looks best (perhaps towards the top of the kick panel so the lens is out of sight?)

VCLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Brock replica
That's cool, it's the little touches that make a car and I'm a fan of subtlety. I was looking at a pair of vt commodore number plate lights as they just clip into place. A nicely dremel'd hole out of sight would work at the top of the panels. Cheers!

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
That's cool, it's the little touches that make a car and I'm a fan of subtlety. I was looking at a pair of vt commodore number plate lights as they just clip into place. A nicely dremel'd hole out of sight would work at the top of the panels. Cheers!
When I bought my SL/X it was only 6 years old so there weren't too many previous commodore variants to source parts from.... Sounds like a good plan, go with it. What I will add is the number plate light might be a little too bright and direct - the glove box light is diffused and softer, it kind of spreads the light around.